Keiichi Anime Forever Forum - anime news, chat, discussion, and more for anime otakus

Join the KAF Discord server. Relive those memories you pushed deep down.
Pages: 2 12   ( Go to first unread post ) [Reply] [New Topic] [New Poll]

> The forever council, A Keiichi Taskforce
Zander Malrik
Posted: 2016-07-04, 11:55 AM

Partially self-proclaimed king of Random Ramblings

Group: Local Resident

DarkOffline

Inspired by a post in random ramblings, I have come to the conclusion that there is a number of us, even if that is a few, that want to see this forum gain traction once again.

With that in mind, I'd like to begin a council of sorts where we discuss what ways we can improve this site via our own small contributions in order for this site to remotely resemble itself in it's heyday. Will this net results? I don't know, it could be a long shot but I'm willing to try.

With that I propose we discuss the problems this site currently has and ways we can rectify them and bring new people into the site and maintain those members. Feel free to pretend as if you are a ancient greek aristocrate or such. No sense in not having fun right?

First up, Community. While we have a dedicated community, this community is abismal in mass.

That leads to my next point, Accessability. with the forum comprised of so many people nostalgically discussing the old days there is little to offer new members and with so little new members there can be no incentive to grow along side new people and discuss what hasn't been discussed.

Lastly relevancy and focus. While this forum is anime based, I feel that we are falling behind in trends and lack a focused discussion on anime's in general. Most of the discussions in the anime and manga sections are about us as people and our viewing habits. While there is nothing wrong with that, it does require a certain interest in the people on here. What I'm saying is that while we all dive deep into anime history and enjoy it fully, there is no surface content to get new people interested.

My solution is to create topics dedicated to specific anime and engauge in deep discussion about it's content, it's themes, strengths and weaknesses or similarities it has with other anime. This allowed for a firm ground on which new members can discuss upon and find animes they may be interested in to further propegate discussion.

Additionally we could look into creating more accessable longstanding casual RPs for people to test out their RP skills and get comfortable writing with the older members.

If you agree with this, we can discuss what anime we could dedicate topics to and if not, well this is why it's a council, share anything you think relevant and feel free to refute points.

-------------------

Quoted(ref) Hellbreaker (on 17 February, 2010, 08:00 AM PST)

You know, falling down from a window only to see MLN beat off Zander isn't what I expected...
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Riogi
Posted: 2016-07-05, 08:45 AM

[KAF] Kute Administrator Frenchie

Group: Root Administrator

DarkOffline

Well... The main problem we have is that we have, speaking really, no incentive at all to make people come here. Seriously, most of the web users don't register onto a website only for the forum, there's always a "side product" that lead them there.

We previously had the OSTs. That made me come here.

Well, it won't hurt to implement your idea anyway... But I have I doubts about the fact that discussing a specific anime would bring anyone on the boards. There's specialized websites (indexing animes, aka MAL or others) that are already doing that.

-------------------
Regards, Riogi.
user posted image
I'm an Administrator! Click here to see some informations about me (Interactive Siggie! ;) )...
And here are some info about the Keiichi Anime Forever Forum site!
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Raisurinu
Posted: 2016-07-05, 04:13 PM

Mugendai Touken

Group: Root Administrator

DarkOffline

I agree with Riogi.

You're free to talk about seasonal anime, but that was never the main draw of KAF. Just because the forums are slightly active again with a specific topic to discuss, it won't draw any new members. It'll just give something existing members to talk about.

That's pretty much what KAF is currently doing anyways, just that the topics are a bit more random.

-------------------
user posted image
Thanks to IBF for the awesome sig~
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Sakura231loveSasuke
Posted: 2016-07-05, 08:42 PM

Say it again, but sexier.

RisaOffline

We could expand our social networks to draw people to the site. Some of the KAF regulars are on Tumblr and Twitter now. We could make an account on those social platforms, and it might bring back new and old members back.

-------------------
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Zander Malrik
Posted: 2016-07-06, 04:07 AM

DarkOffline

For me I was just looking for a site to roleplay and discuss anime, I never even used the part of the site for OSTs. I agree that historically it's been the driving force behind new memberships. It could be updated or the site can have a change of focus. Seems unlikely but I'm just throwing it out there.

As for social network expansion, I like it. How could we best use it to bring in new members though? Would we advertise the site, what points would we be selling? Roleplay, fanfiction, anime discussion?

-------------------

You know, falling down from a window only to see MLN beat off Zander isn't what I expected...
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Sakura231loveSasuke
Posted: 2016-07-14, 10:51 PM

Say it again, but sexier.

RisaOffline

I guess, we'll use those three points. Some die-hard fans love fanfiction, but the only problem comes to updating constantly. Hmm.. We could put up quizzes as well to test knowledge of shows.

-------------------
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Zander Malrik
Posted: 2016-07-15, 04:51 AM

DarkOffline

That sounds like fun. I like that idea.

-------------------

[PM]
[QUOTE]
Sorano
Posted: 2016-07-22, 09:57 AM

This song sings itself

Group: Super Moderator

RisaOffline

Unfortunately, I think the largest draw of this forum is nostalgia. There are a lot of other forums that discuss anime, but this one is where a lot of us started. I'm on a couple other forums right now, but those are pet related and I use them to ask for advice about my pets. When it comes to anime, though, it's not as specialized.

On the other hand, I've noticed anime is making a bit of a comeback (and with Pokemon Go I actually heard a religious station talking about "pocket demons" again while flipping through stations on my car radio). We would need to play off the success of current anime series or games to create discussions again that would lead people to the site.

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Kaern
Posted: 2016-08-16, 03:21 PM

My mind is a devious twist to others' reality

DarkOffline

I agree with Sorano. While the nostalgia is very real with a lot of us, we need to be up to date and use that to our advantage to bring new people in. I like the idea of creating a social media site other then FB to kick this place back into high gear. While it is good to see some old names and faces on here, I would love to see this place get back to how it was 10 years ago, even 7 years ago when this place was jumpin and no one could wait to get back on this site and see what was going on.

-------------------
世界は望んだり、愛がすべてを征服することだけである
[PM]
[QUOTE]
HitokiriFelix
Posted: 2016-09-10, 03:00 AM

Blah, blah, blah... Tidal Wave.

DarkOffline

Just make a KAF Discord.

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Hitsugaya Toushirou
Posted: 2016-09-10, 07:46 PM

Sotaichou of the 13 Court Squadron

DarkOnline

Just make HitokiriFelix wear his snuggies to bed so I don't have to clean his sheets.

Or a google hangout (oh wait no one uses it D:)

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Dignam
Posted: 2016-09-13, 08:46 PM

Expert Otaku

DarkOffline

Your enthusiasm is heartening. I think if you have the conviction to see your ideas through, you should go for it.
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Fumoffu
Posted: 2016-09-14, 05:49 AM

More Than An Otaku

RisaOffline

By pure chance I'm back for a bout of nostalgia. And I think that's what makes anybody come back - this was home, all those years back. If we were to have a reunion party (thread), I wonder how many would show biggrin.gif

-------------------
~Currently on indefinite "Away" mode~
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Sorano
Posted: 2016-09-19, 03:08 PM

This song sings itself

Group: Super Moderator

RisaOffline

^That might not be so bad. We could reach people through other social media, but to make them come back to the forum for a single thread? Some may come for the nostalgia, but it's nothing to keep them coming =(

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Zander Malrik
Posted: 2016-12-14, 02:34 AM

DarkOffline

Yeah I guess. But it was worth a try making a brainstorm thread. I do love this place.

-------------------

[PM]
[QUOTE]
The Chosen One
Posted: 2017-01-06, 04:26 AM

!

Admirable, but Sorano is right -- this place is more like a starting point for a huge access to people carried on now; it's hallowed ground, so to speak, but not sure it'd hold up by today's standards. Hell, even I'm not the forum trog I once was, but the charm doesn't really go away.

Suppose there's just alot of other methods to discuss anime between people, from Tumblr to Twitter, that old-hay forums just aren't the pinnacle now.

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Cyper the Fallen Angel
Posted: 2017-01-22, 07:37 PM

Spam king!

DarkOffline

Quoted(ref) The Chosen One (on 6 January, 2017, 04:26 AM PST)

Admirable, but Sorano is right -- this place is more like a starting point for a huge access to people carried on now; it's hallowed ground, so to speak, but not sure it'd hold up by today's standards. Hell, even I'm not the forum trog I once was, but the charm doesn't really go away.

Suppose there's just alot of other methods to discuss anime between people, from Tumblr to Twitter, that old-hay forums just aren't the pinnacle now.

Basically this. There are so many social media sites where people discuss anime that forums are...old. If we where going to attract members, the site would need some kind of draw card.

Also (random) sweeeet.gif is the best emoji of all time!

-------------------
RIOGI WILL ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS WIN (IN HIS DREAMS! HE IS DESTINE FOR DEFEAT!!!!)
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Shukaku
Posted: 2017-02-28, 11:27 PM

Itadaki Mammoth!

RisaOffline

BRING BACK FANCLUBS.
BIGRIGS.

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Nami
Posted: 2017-03-09, 11:57 AM

^--- Nami

RisaOffline

I would love to see this place full of life again! I know I haven't been around for years but if there's anything I could do to help I'd be happy to.

I think a challenge is that forums just aren't "in" anymore. Active and popular forums either offer something unique in conjunction with the forum (such as Gaia avatars) or something niche and specific (Corvettes, eating disorders, R/C, etc). The so-called market is flooded with places to talk about anime, so to draw people in there needs to be something about KAF that stands out.

What about events? Regularly scheduled Twitch streams for members to hang out at and play like...Jackbox games together? Get your wittiest and charismatic folks to make a podcast discussing the episodes of the last week/month that members can contribute to? Predictable and regularly scheduled events that promote a sense of community could be a huge draw. Something I see on Tumblr a lot is that people are hungry for a close-knit online community to belong to. You guys already have that; you just need to make it easy for others to come in. It's easier to join in on a game or start by sending anonymous questions and comments than it is to just start randomly talking.

-------------------
user posted image
Sig by IBF
Thank you. :3
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Twinblades
Posted: 2017-06-15, 08:30 AM

It's the Megadeus!!

DarkOffline

Old topic, but I'm here again after a discussion at work about anime.

I would love to see this place flourish again. I came here for the OSTs but I'm not sure if that's a viable method anymore. We have our KAF Facebook page, but that gets less action than this does, sadly.

I would love to see a KAF discord, as the Chatroom was always the big drawback for me, and now it's just filled with spambots.

-------------------
They say...the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire...Once.-Tony Stark

* The tagger question has been closed by Cornelia Li Britannia. The tags associated with Twinblades: two very short blades, two blades, loves to twinkle, absolutely freakin awesome!, he has dual swords., bald head of awesomeness, soup, sweetie, lololololololololololololol, beta sister lover?
[PM]
[QUOTE]
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: 2 12 
[Reply] [New Topic] [New Poll]