Keiichi Anime Forever Forum - anime news, chat, discussion, and more for anime otakus

Join the KAF Discord server. Relive those memories you pushed deep down.
Welcome to Roleplay at KAF
New to roleplaying, or new to roleplaying here at KAF? Please read Getting Started with Roleplaying at KAF.

[Reply] [New Topic]

> Drifter's characters, Clans + Otherwise
Drifter
Posted: 2009-03-31, 10:27 PM

A Hammer of Justice!

Group: Roleplay Moderator

DarkOffline

I've never really considered making a topic like this in the past, but I figured why not. Might even get some helpful commentary as a plus.

First, a profile for a character I've been toying around with for Rosetta, a clan attempting to be made in the clans section. I'm not sure I'm finished with it, as I've been editing things here and there as I get new ideas.

============

Second, this is one of the characters I created for the old clan Seikazoku. I'm quite comfortable with how she turned out, though I haven't really considered where I want to take her story. With the new renovations going on with the Clan Worlds section, maybe I'll get some ideas.

============

For the last profile I'll put in this post, I'll add something from another website. This character was intended almost entirely for battles, which is a type of character I usually try to avoid. I've never been a big fan of creating a character whose sole purpose is for fighting battles and having no story. I suppose I could squeeze a story out of this next one if I wanted to, but--eh.

This post has been edited by Drifter on 2009-11-23, 12:38 AM

-------------------
user posted image
[Bang set by Noise + King (Click for clan sig)]
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Noise + King
Posted: 2009-04-07, 03:05 PM

「All Within My Hands」

Group: Local Resident

DarkOffline

Seems that when Sk updated the site, all of the punctuation marks got screwed up in the RP section. You might want to fix that. I also noticed that Gregory has issues with long range combat. Wouldn't the sniper rifle help remedy said weakness? Just a thought.

All in all, I like your Rosetta profile. Remember to feel free to edit it as you please. As for the other characters, I know you had plans to use Allufa again but do you have any plans for Sen?

-------------------
user posted image
「The World Is Mine!」
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Drifter
Posted: 2009-04-07, 04:24 PM

A Hammer of Justice!

DarkOffline

Quoted(ref) Noise + King (on 7 April, 2009, 04:05 PM PDT)

Seems that when Sk updated the site, all of the punctuation marks got screwed up in the RP section. You might want to fix that. I also noticed that Gregory has issues with long range combat. Wouldn't the sniper rifle help remedy said weakness? Just a thought.

All in all, I like your Rosetta profile. Remember to feel free to edit it as you please. As for the other characters, I know you had plans to use Allufa again but do you have any plans for Sen?

Thanks for the heads-up, if you hadn't posted I probably wouldn't have checked and saw that my post was all messed up.

I did decide to edit Gregory's Combat Style section of his profile after you reminded me about the sniper rifle thing. His profile should be finished now, or at least incredibly close. I probably won't change anything unless I get some amazing revelation.

As for Sen, I'm not sure if I'm going to use him here on KAF or not. I originally created him for a forum called AnimeRedux, but he received very little use there. It wouldn't be hard to slip him in, though his main use would be for fighting. Although, I'd like to think I would be able to make any character, no matter how battle-heavy their profile is, for plot purposes.

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Drifter
Posted: 2009-05-07, 12:43 PM

A Hammer of Justice!

DarkOffline

Here's a profile for a character I made awhile back. He was going to be part of a group that never fully took off, but I might be able to adapt him to the new clan world and make him work.

As it was a One Piece group, the character had crew members that traveled with him. They are all located below.

Avis Shrimp, Colin, Natasha, and Harry

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Drifter
Posted: 2009-07-12, 07:36 PM

A Hammer of Justice!

DarkOffline

This following character is the one I first entered the Clans with. He's got my username since that seemed be a common theme with characters when I first joined, but I gave him a unique last name to make it seem at first glance less like a dirty Gary Stu character (ultimately futile).

Other than my username, the character took very little else from me. At least I hope it didn't. You can be the judge, I guess.

Drifter Elysium

Last name given to him by Thanatos. Its meaning is as follows: "In Greek mythology, Elysium was a section of the Underworld (the spelling Elysium is a Latinization of the Greek word Elysion). The Elysian fields, or sometimes Elysian plains, were the final resting place of the souls of the heroic and the virtuous. It is associated with the Christian Heaven."

Real last name inherited from his parents: Aischylos (It means the following: Original Greek form of Latin Aeschylus, meaning "shame.")

What he looks like: Cloaked
Uncloaked

As evidence of his rank as Shonshi of Chouhouin, Drifter wears a black, circular Kishou (Medal/Badge/Insignia, in this case a round band. Think a large, thick rubber band, except made of cloth and not so small) that hangs loosely around his neck. If he is in a bind and can’t afford the dangling Kishou to give him trouble, he will sometimes shift the band to fit around his waist. It appears to be just a useless fashion statement.

Notes for me: Scars on his chest from the magical fires his body can create. There is another, smaller scar along his neck that was given to him by the necromancer Azraeleas Isdus.

Formal Title: Chouhouin Shonshi

Clan of choice: Seikazoku

Seirei: Thanatos

In Greek mythology, Thanatos (θάνατος, "death") was the personification of death (Roman equivalent: Mors), and a minor figure in Greek mythology. Thanatos was a son of Nyx (Night) and Erebus and twin of Hypnos (Sleep). In early mythological accounts, Thanatos was seen as a very powerful figure armed with a sword, with a shaggy beard and a fierce face. His coming was marked with pain and grief. In later eras, as the transition from life to death in Elysium became a more attractive option, Thanatos was seen as a beautiful young man. Many Roman sarcophagi show him as a winged boy, much like Cupid.

According to the mythology, Thanatos could sometimes be outsmarted. In fact, Sisyphus did so twice. When it was time for Sisyphus to die, he succeeded in chaining Thanatos up with his own shackles. While Thanatos was chained, no mortals could die, but eventually Ares released Thanatos and handed Sisyphus over to him, but Sisyphus tricked Thanatos again by convincing Zeus to allow him to return to his wife.

Thanatos is sometimes depicted as a young man carrying a butterfly, wreath or inverted torch in his hands. He sometimes has two wings and a sword attached to his belt.

Thanatos’ Personality: Thanatos is a morbid individual, though he does portray a handful of human qualities. He is not above lures of the flesh, and can even think of others if the right mood hits him. His favorite thing to do is watch heated fights where lives are on the line. He despises those who disobey him, thus why he punishes Drifter when he expresses defiance or cowardice. The sight of death no longer affects him; in fact, it’s an almost pleasant notion to him.

Personality: Due to his line of work (reaping), he usually keeps person information locked away from those around him. While not proud of it, he also has an annoying tendency to talk to himself as if someone else was listening. Other than that, he enjoys talking with people, and rarely talks down to anyone. Drifter also enjoys making jokes often, even when the occasion doesn't call for humor. He is easy to approach and probably won't be considered much of a threat by those he meets. Drifter can also be incredibly immature when he wants to be, though he greatly dislikes being called anything related to the word “kid”. He also dislikes being used.

Short history: Born a child to a cruel family in a nameless, rundown village, Drifter was named in the hopes that such a strange name might give him some sort of special gifts. Unfortunately he quickly found that his last name did not disappoint, as he shamed his family by being a pathetic coward who would even run from a harmless bee. They beat him often and so he entered childhood with a rather awkward mentality, his sense of humor is a perfect example.

When he turned five, he began contemplating a way to make his parents proud. His mother was rather fond of beautiful flowers--it would be his first plan. While out in the forest, a place known to most for its demonic creatures and many pitfalls, nearby his village, he came across a field of flowers. A white wolf soon sensed this new prey and made sure to feast while it still had the chance. It turns out that this wolf was given magical powers by a god named Thanatos, the god known for reaping souls.

Thanatos rescues the poor boy, but not before the child is torn to shreds by the demon wolf. Using his powers, Thanatos "revives" Drifter into an image of what the boy once was, all of his limbs reattached in the correct places. From that moment on he took Drifter as his apprentice, giving him a new last name once the boy's training was complete.

Drifter found nothing wrong with the fact that his master disappeared after a certain time, only speaking to the young apprentice through telepathy. Being a mere "human", Drifter was unable to speak back in the same manner, instead he was forced to speak his thoughts aloud. Luckily Thanatos, being a god, is able to hear this speech without a problem. Unbeknownst to Drifter, Thanatos had been trapped by an unnamed source.

Drifter soon found himself involved with groups he now knows as clans. Being in the Gotei 13 allowed him to practice his reaping skills in an easier setting, preparing himself for the inevitable transfer to working solo. He soon found himself joined up with Seikazoku, a clan of like-minded beings who also used the powers of Gods to further their lives. From here he was able to come and go as he pleased, doing his job as the new "Grim Reaper".

One day, he decided to depart from Seikazoku in order to further his reaping duties. During his time away, he battled countless legends in time. Just two of these cases dealt with the Spartans at the pass of Thermopylae and the gangster Al Capone. He returns every once and awhile to Seikazoku when he absolutely needs to, and it seems his new goal is to reap the soul of a child named Vivian Pyresphere.

He has earned quite a bit of power in his travels, and he has somehow managed to open up a frightening speed in battle that had been previously locked to him.

Extra tidbits: Drifter is half-alive and half-dead. He is still able to feel pain and die, but he is not affected by the pangs of hunger and thirst. He is also immune to lures of the flesh. Drifter CAN eat to serve his desires to feel human, but it isn’t good for him to eat very much, as his digestive system is slower than normal in his half-dead half-alive state.

Drifter has two companions, a blue butterfly and a red butterfly. Each has its own set of moves, and neither of them can use a move that belongs to the other. The blue butterfly is affectionately named Hypni in honor of Thanatos’ twin brother Hypnos. The red butterfly goes by the name of Apati, a reference to Thanatos’ sister named Apate, which translates to “Deception”. Ironically, both butterflies have a namesake belonging to an opposite gender of what they are. The bluish butterfly Hypni is often seen sitting atop Drifter’s shoulder, almost in a fond sort of way; on the other hand, the reddish butterfly Apati seems to avoid the reaper’s apprentice at all costs, preferring to land on others around him as if to make him jealous. These butterflies are protected by a god-like energy and cannot be destroyed. That does not mean, however, that they are completely impervious to the effects of enemy attacks; they can still be weakened to a fair degree and be forced to retreat.

After Drifter traveled away from Seikazoku to reap legendary people, both butterflies came away from the situation with their own “trophies” of the excursion.

“Apati, the little firecracker of a butterfly that didn’t take kindly to orders, stood out more than ever with his crimson wings stained in dried, haphazard splotches of enemy blood. His flight pattern had to also be adjusted to keep him balanced in the air, as his right antennae had apparently been ripped out. This battle scar had been earned shortly after leaving Seikazoku when the poor creature had been unfortunate enough to get in-between a Spartan and his target. In any case, the loss didn’t seem to bother him any.”

“On the other hand, Hypni, the protective, azure insect of love, seemed to have come out of the whole experience outside Seikazoku with a deeper understanding of battle. She floated much closer to Drifter now than she had before their travels, indicating that perhaps she was overly concerned with her master’s wellbeing. On her wings, nicks and tears littered their edges, making her seem more like a colorful moth than a butterfly. This particular insect was used strictly to defend Drifter from harm, so it was understandable that she would appear this way.”

Thanatos can also order either of the butterflies around, though he often uses this merely for “reconnaissance”.

Weapon: Kusari-gama (n.) The kusari-gama is a weapon similar to the kama, except it also includes a weighted chain attached behind the weapons’ head or at the end of the shaft. Attacks could be made with the chain or blade, but commonly the chain was used to entangle and entrap the opponent, enabling the wielder to close in and attack with the kama. Image of weapon

Abilities Given: Thanatos gives the ability of short flight, as translucent wings appear on Drifter's back. It also allows him to sink into any shadows nearby, and reappear at will as long as it's from another shadow; he cannot step into any sunlight, or else he reappears immediately. A shadow of the blade of Thanatos appears in his left hand, but it still has the solid form of a regular sword. The tradeoff is that his robes begin to fill with an unbearable heat, and the longer he fights using the powers of Thanatos, the stronger the heat becomes.

Ability Notes:

(1) Darkness does not count as shadow.
(2) The heat inside Drifter’s robes is harmful to him and thus drains his energy, making some moves unavailable with time.
(3) “Short flight” makes it more floating with height than true flight.

MOVE LIST
=======

<SUPPORT>

Name: Sunken Heart
Type: Support
Effect: A dark cloud emanates from the sleeves of Drifter’s robes, floating in any direction at his will. It enters through the pores and lungs of the target. This move can cover the opponent in a blanket of helplessness and fatigue, hopefully harming their ability to fight well.

Name: Black Plague
Effect: With a nearly invisible needle, the user inserts it into the skin of the target, the length of string attached to the user’s own body. This move sickens the target and leeches its energy, sending a good percentage of it to Drifter's own body, increasing his speed and strength for a short time.

Name: Wise time
Effect: Drifter changes into the elder form of Thanatos. His sword skills are incredibly honed, and the blade of Thanatos grows longer, increasing the range of his attacks. The butterflies that accompany him disappear, as the tale mentioning the adult Thanatos has no mention of such a creature. The Kusari-gama also disappears without a trace until Drifter turns back to normal. The activation of this ability causes other moves using the blade of Thanatos to extend and become stronger. Moves take less energy than usual in this form. Note: It can only be activated within two posts of invoking the powers of Thanatos; the post he gets the powers, and the post that follows.

Name: Turn back the Clock
Effect: Drifter, in contrast to the previous move, turns into the young version of Thanatos. The blade of Thanatos shrinks, taking the form of a dagger, but he gains the ability to fly higher than before, as his wings take a more visible form. This form of flying is actually that, flying. Even in this form, Drifter is denied the luxury of having his Kusari-gama. As the blade shrinks, this also has a negative effect on moves using it; air-based moves, however, get a nice boost. Moves take more energy than usual in this form. Note: It can only be activated within two posts of invoking the powers of Thanatos; the post he gets the powers, and the post that follows.

Name: Death's Touch
Effect: This is the second move for the Kusari-gama Drifter wields in his right hand. With close precision, he has the ability to lock his opponent in place by lodging the Kusari-gama in the shadow of said target. As long as the weapon is lodged within the shadow, the opponent will not be able to move for up to ten seconds. Of course, since shadows are fickle things, this move is fairly unreliable. If Drifter changes to forms, the weapon, along with this move, will lose its effect.

Name: Soul Refreshment
Effect: This move allows the user to absorb the energy of any nearby souls. It is a highly unethical move for Drifter to use, considering his purpose is to allow souls to pass on to Hades, but it does allow him to regain quite a bit of energy. This makes it possible for certain moves once unavailable to become available again. Drifter can only use it once per battle, considering he doesn’t have the luxury of choosing how many souls to absorb. It has a short absorb distance, however, so fallen clan-members are not likely to be absorbed unless they died within this distance.

Name: Numbing Bite (Enhanced)
Effect: The bluish butterfly named Hypni bites into whatever flesh that Drifter has exposed at the time, injecting a painkiller type substance into his bloodstream to cause any pain to subside for a short time, allowing him to move more freely. During their travels, Hypni has been able to perfect the move. The liquid sent into Drifter’s body can now numb pain as well as heal a certain amount of shallow wounds he may have accumulated.

<ATTACK>

Name: Impaling Oblivion
Type: Attack
Effect: A mysterious sword of shadows sinks deep into the ground from Drifter's left hand, as he usually holds the Kusari-gama in his right, and emerges from the ground from beneath the opponent. It has the ability to stretch four feet into the air and no more. With a special move activated, the blade emerges as a crystalline structure of sorts, spreading off in a thousand different directions in a distance of twenty feet before returning to a single blade in Drifter’s hand.

Name: Flurry of Blades (Can only be used with Elder Form)
Effect: The blade of Thanatos extends to the longest it possibly can, and although a blade this size would normally crush Drifter under its weight, this move allows him to send lighting quick blows from up to twenty feet away. The blade immediately shrinks back down, after the move is finished, to the size it was when Drifter changed to the Elder form. Afterwards, he also reverts back to his regular form.

Name: Prickly Wreath (Can only be used with Younger Form)
Effect: From high above Drifter sends down a barrage of needles from a wreath that appears in place of the now dagger-like Thanatos blade. These needles are drowned in a sickly poison, but they are not strong enough to kill an opponent unless all of the needles hit, which is a very unlikely circumstance. After this move, he falls to the ground, becoming Drifter's regular self once again.

Name: Close Embrace
Effect: Using the chain attached to the bottom of the Kusari-gama, Drifter has to circle the opponent with it. After this is done, the power of Thanatos helps him crush the opponent with a single chain. Not a very easy move to pull off, unless the enemy is not paying very close attention.

Name: Bullet of Fate (Enhanced)
Effect: The reddish butterfly Apati folds its wings up tight against its body, turning into a sharp object with needle-like qualities. It glows a crimson red in this form, symbolizing the color of fresh blood. While it is in this form, Drifter can create more butterflies that hold the same shape in whatever palm he has free at the time to use as projectiles against his enemies. It is able to tear through flesh and bone with its unique powers, although the butterfly can only hold this form for a very short time before growing tired and returning to its natural appearance. After Drifter left Seikazoku to battle legendary men and women, he learned how to guide the Bullet of Fate using his power over souls. In this manner, he can direct its path after being fired from his hand as well as set it up as a trap for an opponent.

Name: Burning Bite (Enhanced)
Effect: The reddish butterfly Apati latches onto the target and sinks its fangs, quite odd for a butterfly, into any exposed flesh. It seems to prefer using the neck whenever possible for this move. After biting, the target will begin to feel a small stinging sensation at first, but this will soon grow into a nasty, acidic wound if the butterfly is not removed in short time. With its fangs lodged into the opponent, it is very hard to remove without surgery of some sort, amateur or otherwise. This is really more of an attack than a support move, as Drifter gains no upper hand other than the damage this deals to his opponent. After Drifter’s travels outside of Seikazoku, Apati is now much harder to shake off after he has bitten an opponent, and the bite also has a new side-effect of nausea and loss of balance for a short time.

Name: Soul Shot
Effect: Using any souls of the dead that happen to be around Drifter’s current area, he can will them to attack his opponent in the form of an energy shot. As they are invisible, it is a very hard move to dodge, though it isn’t all that powerful.

<DEFENSE>

Name: Wall of Butterflies
Type: Defense
Effect: The blue butterfly Hypni that sits on his shoulder calls enough butterflies to form a shield around Drifter. It's strong enough to stand against a few minor blows, but the move leaves the area above and below him unprotected for a short amount of time. It lasts until he decides to move or it receives a mild amount of damage, which causes the butterflies to fly off in a flurry of directions, creating confusion for both Drifter and his enemies.

Name: Field of Butterflies
Effect: An improvement of “Wall of Butterflies” received during the time Drifter went away from Seikazoku, the blue butterfly Hypni can summon an innumerable amount of butterflies that look just like it to protect Drifter. Unlike “Wall of Butterflies”, this move is able to span an area of twenty feet across and fifteen feet high, which can be used to confuse opponents and cloud their view.

Name: Licking Flames
Effect: Opening his cloak, the flames fly out, as the name implies, to lick at the fresh air. These magical flames not only burn Drifter's own body, but they also have the ability to block a single physical attack, sending the opponent flailing back with burns. By letting the flames out in this manner it has a negative effect on his energy, causing some moves to possibly be unavailable. This move can only be used while the powers of Thanatos are invoked.

Name: Protecting Chains
Effect: As mentioned in the tale of Thanatos, chains that kept mortals from dying bound him tightly. These chains, in an entirely different fashion, can be called upon to rise out of the ground swiftly to be used as a shield against any attacks. They are made of very strong material, though a powerful attack can blast them to pieces. If not destroyed, the chains will sink back beneath the ground after a few moments have passed.

<MIX>

Name: Hands of Death
Type: Attack/Support
Effect: A number of dark hands come from beneath Drifter's clothing and latch onto the opponent, and from there can be used to crush them or hold them in place. At a weaker level, a single hand can be used to pull Drifter in closer to the enemy.

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Drifter
Posted: 2009-08-27, 02:41 AM

A Hammer of Justice!

DarkOffline

Update: Made some additions to my profiles for Gregory Marshul and Sen Almest, which can both be found in the first post of this topic.

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Drifter
Posted: 2010-02-21, 07:03 PM

A Hammer of Justice!

DarkOffline

Here's a new profile for a character I'm planning to use in the clan world. He's still in Maavi (specifically Avalon) so I don't expect to see him out and around much yet. Criticism is always welcome.

Clan World Character: Unknown

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

[Reply] [New Topic]