Keiichi Anime Forever Forum - anime news, chat, discussion, and more for anime otakus

Join the KAF Discord server. Relive those memories you pushed deep down.
Pages: 6 123 Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) [Reply] [New Topic] [New Poll]

> Rosetta: The Heretics of Babel
Noise + King
Posted: 2009-02-26, 01:55 PM

「All Within My Hands」

Group: Local Resident

DarkOffline

user posted image

Our History

The tower Babel, sitting in the center of the city which was built around it, holds a sleeping god chained by the city's continued existence. This creation or accident rather, was wrought from an experiment to unite the human soul, to bring all the lives within this city together as one connected force. Sadly, as with the biblical namesake of the tower, it failed, and the surrounding land outside of the city was destroyed by a sweeping light of radiation over 20 years ago. What was born within Babel instead no one truly knows, but by some it is considered a god. Sealed within the tower as the experiment failed, slowly the shackles that bind it are breaking and its power released into the world, infecting mankind with madness. Slowly mankind becomes something more.

Born from this turmoil were humans who surpassed the mental limitations of our predecessors. Psychics rose within the city, and alongside them humans who could transform their bodies. They are called "Ascended Ones."

The Ordinance of Rosetta

We of Rosetta are duty bound to relieve the suffering of our fellow man. Those marred by the mutation which raged through our home some 20 years ago are whom we wish to save. No matter what the personal cost our mission is to turn away the evils that warp our very forms and souls birthed from the tower of Babel. Be it through science or the Psychic powers prominent in humans living in this region, we will succeed in purging the demons within.

We do not turn allies away, especially those born within our fallen city. However in order to have the power to defend yourself against the beings who would impede our duty, those who join our struggle must be attuned to an elevated mental state to resist the forces of the tower. The radiation has transformed many of us into "Ascended Ones", caused the majority of the population to develop Extrasensory Perception (ESP), and for those remaining, provided resistance to radiation and psychic abilities.

Those who have Ascended may don organic armored forms, some humanoid (bi-pedal) and others beast like in shape. Each of us who stands against the cultists chooses to suppress the desire to "feed", binding our transformed mouths shut so that we do not succumb to the mutations forced inhibitions. Psychics, Humans born on this land, and those with mutations brought about by the tower will find a home with us.

Our reality is a world not easily drawn between black and white, but of grays. As such In the face of the world we are naught but a neutral presence. Rosetta does not extend its reach outside of Avalon. However we will not allow any interference in our operations. The unfortunate souls who have sided with Liberi Dues, the mad religion of slaves to Babel’s will, are our sworn enemies. Any force who would side with such madness or those that would impede our duty will be the targets of our wrath. We seek to save our home.

We will do so by any means necessary.

Clan Location: Avalon

Avalon is our home, within the wide expansive desert of Maavi. Here lies the last standing testament of our humanity, a city devoid of emotion spiraling higher and higher into the skies, holding on to the remnants of something long forgotten. Technology of old continues to drive the city onward, and from far outside in the shattered lands surrounding it, one can still see the steam pumping into the sky, the flickering lights, glittering streets, and the population drudging onward.

Rosetta dwells on the outskirts. Our location within the outer ring of the city must be kept secret, but members will know via PM.

How to Join

Our intention is to gather both those new to the RP experience and veterans. We are neither heroes nor villains, but characters that exist to do what they feel must be done. The will of Rosetta unified is to save humanity from the mutation that has bound us as slaves to Babel's will. Although we use the power of our irradiated bodies to do so, we also utilize weapons from the era before the tower awakened. At our disposal are firearms of varying classes and power, explosives, knives and even advanced tech born from the city. Contact me with any questions you may have about the world before you, and I will answer them to the best of my ability. Do not post your character information here; please feel free to send them to me via PM.

[b]Name[/b]:

[b]Race[/b]: (Human or Ascended Being)

[b]Title[/b]: (Many of us carry titles taken after the gods of Egyptian lore, however a title is up to you to choose. Amun-Ra is already taken.)

[b]Appearance[/b]: (You may use a picture, but I would prefer a written description.)

[b]Biography[/b]: (Include personality, if you wish.)

[b]Ascension Form[/b]: (Think series' such as "The Guyver" or "SMT: Digital Devil Saga" when choosing a form. Ascension Only)

[b]ESP/Psychic Specialty[/b]: (Human or Ascended. Feel free to be creative, but the limit is one specialty.)

[b]Weapons[/b]: (Sidearms, Rifles, Explosives, Knives, etc.)

[b]Combat Style[/b]: (Hand to hand, weapons, combination of both)

[b]Personal Interests[/b]:

Definitions

Organizations

Locations:

Races:

Active Members:
  • Noise + King - Clan Founder
  • Drifter
  • Kurinshin
  • Warboss Jimmy (Dah WAAAAAAAAAAAAGHiest)
  • Tetsu Jusho
  • Kon

-------------------
user posted image
「The World Is Mine!」
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Noise + King
Posted: 2009-03-05, 10:36 AM

「All Within My Hands」

DarkOffline

Note: I made some small edits for clarification. We have three members as of right now, and two others have shared interest. PM me if you have any questions or find this clan to be a good fit for you.

-------------------
user posted image
「The World Is Mine!」
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Drifter
Posted: 2009-03-08, 03:10 PM

A Hammer of Justice!

Group: Roleplay Moderator

DarkOffline

I can't wait for this clan to get approved, it's going to be awesome.

-------------------
user posted image
[Bang set by Noise + King (Click for clan sig)]
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Rikash
Posted: 2009-03-08, 05:38 PM

That Flamin' Aussie

DarkOffline

Quoted(ref) Drifter (on 8 March, 2009, 04:10 PM PDT)

I can't wait for this clan to get approved, it's going to be awesome.

Seconded.

Once I get my app. in.
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Kon
Posted: 2009-03-08, 08:41 PM

People die when they are killed, and get sad when people die.

DarkOffline

I could have made my character better. lol.

But yea. Can't wait~

-------------------
user posted image

Thanks to IBF/Emiya_Shirou for the awesome set. :3
Click my sig for Clan Info
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Noise + King
Posted: 2009-03-12, 01:37 PM

「All Within My Hands」

DarkOffline

Currently waiting on about three bios. We have three members, including myself, but need at least five before we can qualify as a clan. Join today!

-------------------
user posted image
「The World Is Mine!」
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Drifter
Posted: 2009-03-25, 07:49 PM

A Hammer of Justice!

DarkOffline

I'm surprised more people aren't joining this. It's one of the more plot-driven clan introductions I've seen so far.

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Mister Magick
Posted: 2009-03-26, 10:38 AM

Time Lord Victorious

DarkOffline

If I may make the smallest of suggestions you reference two series to help with bio creation, you might want to put up a pic or two of what the creatures look like so people who aren't familiar can get an idea of what's needed.

-------------------
user posted image
{Click for Information on the Clan Wars}
Click for My Quote of the week (Updated: 8/26)
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Noise + King
Posted: 2009-03-28, 09:42 AM

「All Within My Hands」

DarkOffline

Small Update: Posting my character sheet as a reference for those interested. Note, it does not have to be as detailed. Elaborate on as much as you wish when creating. Here is the link: Rosetta Profile

Also note; I may make the Psychic powers a specification. Everyone will have basic powers (Telekinesis, Telepathy, Extrasensory Perception) and a specification or advanced form of a basic power. Still mulling this idea over.

-------------------
user posted image
「The World Is Mine!」
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Noise + King
Posted: 2009-04-01, 12:07 AM

「All Within My Hands」

DarkOffline

Update: Definitions added.

-------------------
user posted image
「The World Is Mine!」
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Switch
Posted: 2009-04-01, 08:31 AM

You often meet fate on the road to avoid it...

DarkOffline

You know NK, looking at my Clan and yours I can see a goodly sized difference. You've actually listed locations, terms, and given a better background about your clan. I'd ask if I could make a profile if I wasn't the head of the villain group clan, but good luck getting your members.

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Noise + King
Posted: 2009-04-11, 02:01 PM

「All Within My Hands」

DarkOffline

Note: Beginning revisions to clan and its information.

Update: Some updates, mostly the clan headquarters and ordinance. Revisions are still well on their way.

-------------------
user posted image
「The World Is Mine!」
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Noise + King
Posted: 2009-04-22, 10:31 AM

「All Within My Hands」

DarkOffline

We now have our fourth member, and two others currently working on their profiles. Updates will continue as time permits but I'd like to welcome Kurinshin to the ranks of Rosetta.

-------------------
user posted image
「The World Is Mine!」
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Kurinshin
Posted: 2009-04-29, 05:48 PM

■quis custodiet ipsos custodes■

Group: General Section Moderators

DarkOffline

Thanks! I can't wait until we get this story started.

-------------------
user posted image
<3 Uki
Like to make graphic art? Go participate in KAF's SOTW
*Now with reduced Sodium
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Drifter
Posted: 2009-04-29, 07:47 PM

A Hammer of Justice!

DarkOffline

Yay~

Welcome to Rosetta, Kurin.

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Kon
Posted: 2009-04-30, 02:54 PM

People die when they are killed, and get sad when people die.

DarkOffline

Omgz, Kurin. ;D Welcome to Rosetta.

-------------------
user posted image

Thanks to IBF/Emiya_Shirou for the awesome set. :3
Click my sig for Clan Info
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Noise + King
Posted: 2009-04-30, 05:59 PM

「All Within My Hands」

DarkOffline

Ah, sorry for the delays in updating and everything. I'd like to set up the base of operations for the clan so people can have a place to post, but that doesn't mean you all can't begin using your characters or RPing in Rokotsuyo. Still, until we have the allotted number of members, I'd rather net set up shop.

More updates to come! Hopefully things won't take so long this time around.

-------------------
user posted image
「The World Is Mine!」
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Kurinshin
Posted: 2009-04-30, 06:37 PM

DarkOffline

Do Avalon and Erbest have locations on Rokotsuyo? I'm actually a little confused as to where exactly our story is taking place. It's been a while since I've role-played.

-------------------
user posted image
<3 Uki
*Now with reduced Sodium
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Noise + King
Posted: 2009-04-30, 07:01 PM

「All Within My Hands」

DarkOffline

Avalon is in Maavi, the desert landmass of Rokotsuyo. The Clan headquarters and city are areas I don't want to put up until we're officially recognized as a clan. That process takes 5 members and we currently, sadly, only have 4.

-------------------
user posted image
「The World Is Mine!」
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Kurinshin
Posted: 2009-05-01, 03:25 AM

DarkOffline

Well... Someone else should join. D<

-------------------
user posted image
<3 Uki
*Now with reduced Sodium
[PM]
[QUOTE]
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

[Reply] [New Topic] [New Poll]