Keiichi Anime Forever Forum - anime news, chat, discussion, and more for anime otakus

Join the KAF Discord server. Relive those memories you pushed deep down.
Attention
Since this is a war, actions made by anybody that would do something to the environment in a large scale should be mentioned with a bolded Attn: to indicate such a thing at the top or bottom of your post. Participants in the war are encouraged to incorporate these large scale events into their posts. Of course it doesn't have to harm you, just mention that they're happening. This is so that this war would be a lot more interesting.

Pages: 7 1234 Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) [Reply] [New Topic]

> Headquarter Post: Atlas Steel Mill, The Gotei 13's War Headquarters
Hitsugaya Toushirou
Posted: 2008-07-18, 12:35 PM

Sotaichou of the 13 Court Squadron

Group: Local Resident

DarkOffline

((OoC: Hey guys, you're all free to do as you please, ALTHOUGH note that I would like at least 4 (doesn't have to be 4 exactly) people to stay at the base for guard duty. With that in mind, please note that if you do choose guard duty, you will be required to make rounds. By that I mean, "posting" every so often in character till you are challenged or till you are attacked. Anyhow good luck.

One final note: if you see someone posting in a landmark battle topic and also want to RP in that area, make a separate topic and do not post in the existing topic. This may interrupt the fight and cause unnecessary clamor to happen. Remember to be courteous and GODSPEED! 8D))

-------------------
"...Your hands can attest to the weight of their lifeless bodies. But you will learn that their memories are heavier. But carrying them will make you stronger."
~ Hiko Seijuro - Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal
[PM]
[QUOTE]
The_Insane_Organist
Posted: 2008-07-20, 09:04 PM

I can has pointy pl0x?

RisaOffline

Nova watched with quiet amusement as Kev made his rather impressive entrance. “Um, I planned that?” the third seat assured his lieutenant as he de-muddied himself. “I’m sure you did,” murmured the redheaded Shinigami as he flicked mud absently off of his clothing.

“Anyway Kev, the time has come to brief you on our battle plan. I want you to stay at the base and prepare a group of other Shinigami for attack. Curly is going to collect intelligence on other bases and inform me via our mental link. I in turn will give you the information using our communication devices.”

Nova paused and shifted on the pile of rubble, freezing nervously as he felt it start to give way. After a second of tense immobility, he relaxed and brushed a spray of scarlet bangs from in front of his aqua eyes. He shot a warning glance at Curly, who was literally rolling on the floor laughing.

“Watch it, punk.” Nova thought sulkily at the small creature. “Oh go on, then." retorted Curly, unfurling himself and climbing up to perch on his companion’s shoulder.

Nova coughed softly and continued speaking to Kev. "Anyway, once we have enough information about a base…or one of us gets attacked…you go ahead and lead the attack force on the enemy base. Curly and I will meet up with you on the way, unless we’re drawn into a battle beforehand."

The pile of rubble shifted suddenly again, and Nova jumped upright, accidentally jolting Curly off-balance and on a one-way journey to an impact with the ground. The small creature gave a piercing chirp of surprise and rolled himself into a ball. He bounced on the ground twice before rolling into another pile of rubble that was nearby.

“Oops! Sorry, little guy!” Nova apologized mentally. Curly’s colorful response made the Shinigami flush underneath his mask with shock and surprise. “…Where did you even learn those words?!” the redhead asked indignantly.

“Oh, bugger off." came the irate reply as the small figure climbed onto the other pile of rubble.

Nova glared over at his small partner again before shaking his head and returning his attention to Kev. “Um…anyway, do you have any questions, comments, or suggestions before we initiate our plan?” the lieutenant asked, a glazed look of shock still faint in his eyes.

-------------------
Rules Violation
[PM]
[QUOTE]
rema
Posted: 2008-07-22, 12:08 AM

Sinister Smiles Make The Madman

RisaOffline

‘Whether improvised or rehearsed, nice speech there, Hitsu. Motivation is just what they need before going into the slaughter.’ Rema thought morbidly as she remained seated. Though really she wasn’t paying attention. She didn’t really care for motivational speeches because it didn’t really prepare her, just made her fired up enough to blindly run onto the battlefield. Well, no, that’s a lie. She didn’t get fired up at all, being the reason she didn’t listen. Or she wasn’t hyped because she didn’t listen. Either way there was no kick. It also seemed her pessimistic outlook on things returned. There was no sassy comment firing through her mind either.

The brunette Captain gave a soft, half-hearted chuckle as she began to stand up, securing her weapons on her back. She guessed her Personalities must have actually, and surprisingly, obeyed an order. This realization caused the corner of her lips to twitch in a failed attempt at a little smile. Her depressing mood really did crawl its way back. Bah! How she hated these mood swings. Rema only had a guess that they were due to either Siete and Dicie maturing and staying in her mind, or this was a really bad time for ‘Aunt Flow’ to visit. Thank goodness it was the first of the two.

Snapping out of her thoughts, Rema saw people scatter out for battle or whatever it was they planned to do for the war. Some were setting forth towards the city while others stayed behind for one reason or another. Having looked at the map earlier, Rema debated whether to go out and explore or to stay at Head Quarters. It seemed the Insane Asylum was closest, but due to personal past experiences and severe queasy dislike, the bi-polar girl decided against going there. Another building that caught her eye was the Drug Den, although that was far into the back streets. It literally screamed ‘Gangsters Hang Out’ and she wasn’t at all in the mood to wander the ghetto of past groups that filled blank walls with their graffiti. Some other buildings caught her attention, but they were let go due to her lack of interest. In the end, after not much debating, Rema settled with staying back in the Steel Mill to protect HQ. Some exploring of their base wouldn’t harm her that much.

“Business offices at the north part…” Despite being in lack of interest, it didn’t stop her ears from picking up words spoken out to them all. Specialty in sounds did have its moments off the battlefield. “Hmm…North part of camp…” Murmurs of her thoughts were whispered to no one as she stood, looking in random directions as if a sign would point her to the right route of where she was suppose to go. Brows furrowed as chocolate eyes sparked hints of confusion. Her gloved hand brushed up the hair that was over her gaze and combed its way back over her head. Feet tapped impatiently against cold and cracked concrete. Sighs and strange noises escaped her throat in feeble and childish ways of blowing off a little frustration. “Where do I go?” Rema was never really good at directions. The brunette always just went with the waves and followed the obvious signals that would help. Picking up a map or looking at a compass was something that just did not fit her. All clear signs of a person that is completely lost. “Umm…Hmm…I guess I just wander around for a bit. Hopefully I find it on the way…” With those uncertain words, Captain Rema C. started off down a random hallway.

‘…I swear I hate Miss. She’s really irritatin’ me.’ A soft voice mumbled from its place within the shinigami’s mind, though it remained unheard by her.

‘Yes, she does seem a bit…off her A Game today.’ Replied the male counter part, Diciembre. They both observed what was going on outside as if it was displayed like a movie.

‘A BIT?! She’s walkin’ ‘round thinkin’ she’s gonna find the offices when she’s just a lost fool!’ She exclaimed in a loud whisper, trying to get her point across but not wanting Rema to hear.

‘Don’t worry. We have an estimate of thirty or so minutes until she’s really needed. If she doesn’t get close to the north business offices then you may take over and I will give directions.’ Dicie told his plan calmly, but laces of doubt were still heard. It was unusual, but not shocking or surprising, that good little Gurosuchikku Diciembre came up with a plan that would have otherwise been denied by his Mistress. He really did hate to upset her, though war called for desperate measures, especially with an emotional and armed woman on the loose.

‘Oh ho ho! How devious of you. Brother. Keeping secrets from Miss and conspiring against her.’ The title was stressed in a mocking way as Siete gave him a devilish grin. ‘Seems I really have been rubbin’ off on ya.’ He really hated that, too.

Looking back towards the outside scenery, he saw Mistress strolling up a stairway from the basement. She was, more or less, really just wandering around. Her gaze shifting from one spot to another as she dragged her feet through rusted metal, bones, and dust. Metal. Concrete. Bones. Those three things, along with questionable stains, are what seemed to be what Dicie saw regularly with each turn of Rema’s stare. He could contemplate for the first two, though with the bones he was a bit taken aback. Although remembering what Rema had told them about this place-Atlas-it shouldn’t have been unusual for bones to lay aimlessly about. They were painfully detached from their souls which were now probably roaming the city, hopelessly stuck in their own horrible memories. He was starting to understand why his Mistress was gloomy.

-------------------
Gotei Revolution. We're not done.
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Hitsugaya Toushirou
Posted: 2008-07-24, 08:46 AM

DarkOffline

"Alright, I've got a small handful of men waiting at the door for his excellency," said a high class soldier as he stepped from within the shadows.

"That's all well and good," said another voice nearby as he too also stepped into the sunlight. "Look I don't need the fancy titles, but for now, we're going to head out to the streets and set up a perimeter. We may also send word back of scouting things as time goes by so bear in mind to keep a watch out for our messages through the Jigokuchoutou." Hitsu had now made his appearance in the outer court of the mill as he stood beneath its awe inspiring build. "I'm leaving this up to you. Take the opportunities to attack when you can, however realize that I won't be here the entire way to make sure you guys do everything you are supposed to."

"We are in the care of our squads Captains who remain here. We will trust and do as they say just as if we were doing the same directly from under you, Sotaichou-sensei."

"Enough with the titles. Anyhow, move out!" exclaimed the Captain as he brushed the dust from his shoulder and moved forward with his troop. The scenery drastically began to change as they had stepped not but ten feet from their comfort area in the Steel Mill. Houses had been torn to shreds - some to the point of being held together by a single splinter, or so it seemed. Never-the-less this was no time to enjoy the views, no matter how interestingly horrid they might have been.

"Captain, we're starting on the road towards the Hyperion Heights ... I think that's what it's called."

"Check the Tac-map. Use it like it was your own arm and memorize it as if it were the back of your hand." said the Taichou as he threw a strap over his shoulder.

"Is that the new..."

"Yes it is. Also, did you bring me my weaponry that I requested."

"The Twelfth division did as you wished. The special cartridges are in this container. It will hold up against a lot but bear in mind, if those things go off while in your pocket, you could be sittin’ the rest of this war out."

"I'm well aware of that. For now though, I'll make sure not to toss the things around too much. The attachment for the Zanpakutou is simply marvelous though. Look at the craftsmanship of it!" said Toushirou as he lifted the odd looking device up from his belt.

"I’d always had a question here.” said the soldier as he tucked his hands in the sleeves of his black kimono. “Why exactly would the Seireitei Government allow such things to continue on?”

For a minute, Toushirou stammered as he looked away in shame. His eyes trailed the wreckage as they passed it along the streets and stepped on misplaced parts of debris as their journey onward continued. “I’m still wondering that myself.” he said abruptly with a pale look about him.

“Sir?” replied the soldier with an inquisitive inflection masking his voice.

“This happened a while before I took on the First Branch. Unfortunately, prior to that...”

“We had no control.”

“This is just one of those incidents where it couldn’t be helped - well by my hands anyway. For now it’s only serving as a long lost memory that should have never been concocted in the first place. With that in mind, the Seireitei and the rest of Soul Society had nothing to do with this incident, all simply because at the time, ‘intervention was never correct.’ You could say we could have stopped a lot of things back then, but of course, letting the human race run their own without any ‘divine intervention’ was always a problem.”

“I see...”

“With that in mind, remember that it’s not so much to look into the past. A friend told me once to not beat yourself up over this sort of thing. When we have no control over certain things - just let what has been done - be. We can’t always save them all.”

-------------------
"...Your hands can attest to the weight of their lifeless bodies. But you will learn that their memories are heavier. But carrying them will make you stronger."
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Hitsugaya Toushirou
Posted: 2008-07-29, 07:23 AM

DarkOffline

((OOC:As of today, Tuesday, July 29, 2008, the ban on attacking bases has been lifted. Please note that the two week wait is now overdue for release and all clans may start attacking bases as we feel that preparations for all sides have been made for the actual fighting! Please begin whenever you're ready!))

-------------------
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Ivan
Posted: 2008-07-29, 06:14 PM

Viva La Zero!

DarkOffline

To All Remaining In the Base To Defend:

A man’s passions can tell volumes about his character. A violent man may love his guns, while an intelligent man would cherish a fine book. A person’s personal effects are extensions of their existence, their views and beliefs solidified into badges to be worn upon their sleeves. Who we are and what we shall be can be shown by even the simplest of items.

Toshisou Shuichiro loved his pocket watch.

It was a beautiful device, a flat disc of steel that hung upon a long, thick black chain. Its lid was engraved, the symbol of his division dug into the solid metal. The back was uncovered, the delicate springs and cogs laid bear, covered only by an intricate latticework pattern of steel bands.

The watch was open now, its innards carefully removed and spread out over the desk. The captain had found a work area in the reception desk of the company offices. The marble slab that sat before the giant main doors of the Company Offices was cracked and dusty, a large spider-web crack running from tip to top. Yet the captain had polished a section of the desk and cleared it of debris and soggy papers. He had dragged a crumbled slab of marble from a collapsed pillar and, setting it behind the desk, used it as a seat.

He laid the tiny cogs and springs out across the polished marble surface, fixing them into thin, even rows. A hundred delicate pieces of metal glittered and twinkled in the afternoon light, so finely polished that they shone like stars. The engraved lid hung open, exposing the clock’s face. The face was finely engraved, the obsidian numbers inlaid into the white marble backing. The face held three smaller watches, each one with a different purpose. Yet with its innards splayed out upon the cold stone the thick black hands hung dead, frozen upon a time long past.

The Captain plucked a cog from the marble desk and twisted it back and forth between his delicate fingers. His fingers were perfect for his job; they were dexterous and sensitive, able to move with minute, precise detail. He rolled the cog back and forth before lifting it up to his eye. He inspected it silently for a moment before carefully sliding it back into its groove within the watch. It returned into place with a gentle click.

He continued to work, laboring silently. He cleaned and polished the delicate little gears, tightening and twisting the springs till they tensed under the pressure. He worked silently while he waited, toning the watch till it sang from the pressure. He slid the last gear into place and closed the back of the watch with a gentle click. He twisted it around till it laid face up, the face of the watch laid bare. He eyed the device silently, watching the stationary hands.

The captain lifted the watch up and, holding it to eye level, pressed the tiny metal stopper at the top. The air suddenly became thick and hazy, as if the had suddenly been bathed in murky water. The hands began to spin, moving faster and faster till the face of the watch was pure black. There was silence, deafening, crushing silence.

Tick

The second hand moved slowly, plinking away around the face. The pocket watch was still, ticking away contently as if nothing had happened. The Captain watched the hands move silently, sitting back upon his marble slab, resting his back against the wall. The reception area was silent, the great hall empty, save for a few decaying chairs and piles of rubble. The great steel doors were thrown open, allowing the summer breeze to blow in. The steel mill was framed perfectly by the great doors; the giant buildings and the beautiful steel smoke stacks, rising up to the heavens.

The Captain laid his head back against the cool wall and closed his eyes. His hand was straight, elbow resting upon the desk. He was still holding the watch at eye level, the open face staring at him. He felt its heartbeat in his hand, the steady rhythm of the cogs ticking away in the nest of his palm.

Captain Shuichiro loved his pocket watch. A perfect machine, so controlled, so ordered, spinning and spinning on and on. Every part knew its purpose, working together in perfect control. No variables, no differences. They knew only of single-minded purpose, self-reliant on the other to achieve it. The watch was perfection, a device of order that would keep on spinning till eternity.

The Captain waited silently, listening to the beat of order in his hand.

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
rema
Posted: 2008-07-29, 10:23 PM

RisaOffline

It felt like she was in a maze of metal. Out of the basement in the forge, Rema paused her movements to look over the area. Machines lay dormant in almost every corner; rust and cobwebs plaguing on them from over the years of neglect. Making her way over, the shinigami made note to be careful in her footing. Pipes and shards of cement dully glittered on the cold floor, sunlight gleaming through dirty and broken windows. She stepped over them silently, breathing slowly as if one false move would awaken a great beast that was sleeping underneath the clumps of it all. It would break free from its dreams and find itself on a bed of concrete with large steel objects as pillows. The great monster would then move to sit up, only to hit its head against the many jagged gears and breaking cogs that covered the air. Its feet would also trip over themselves from getting caught by the pipes and cat-walks that crisscrossed around the room. The only escape from the mess would be the two giant steel doors at the very end of the maze of metal.

Fortunately, there was no great beast hiding under the forge. The only thing Rema would have to watch for would be getting caught by pesky pipes or receiving cuts from the sharp edges of unused machines. But her escape was a true one, it was at the other side of the room and she would have to go over the obstacles of the forge to get there. She didn’t know how long it had been since the announcement was made, but she was sure she had plenty of time left. It wasn’t even a minutes before she found herself at the exit. She figured that during her dazed stance Siete had taken it upon herself to speed up the process of walking. Rema didn’t have a problem with a little interference every now and then, but if they had to help her walk then that was just insulting to her. In fact, it rubbed her the wrong way, like a teenager would feel when their parent still wanted to pick out their clothes for the day. The ‘help’ simply annoyed her into feeling weak. She didn’t like that. Some childish defiance boiled her blood as an unnecessary action was taken. Adding a bounce in her step, Rema came to the same level as one of the broken, dusty windows that overviewed the outside That scene was a closer view when she threw herself out, propelling forward with more energy than she thought.

Warm dirt was what she was expecting to land on. She expected this because when her eyes had the opportunity to look outside, they only received a nasty glare from the unmerciful sun’s beams. With a moment of blindness Rema expected to step gracefully outside, not to tumble through another window and onto more cold concrete. The sound of glass and a body upon hard ground was deafened silent by the slight screeching of metal cords. The newly polished blue guitar and ebony bass were tough and survived a harsh battle with Benitaro, give or take a few weeks of nonstop repairing. Though that irrational crash didn’t stop the cords from being pulled in uncomfortable ways than what they were use to. They objected this displeasure quite vocally until familiar fingers had to calm them down. Gloved hands hastily checked upon the two instruments, settling any panic that was brought from the noise. Once Rema was satisfied with their condition, she placed them back upon her back and dusted herself off of any glass shards and debris.

Suddenly, as if she had just remembered an old joke or humorous memory, Rema began to laugh. It started as a noise from her throat that was suppressed behind a bit tongue, its conjurer forbidding its escape. Then, it evolved into small giggles that instantly broke free into the air to form the whole laughter. It bounced off the cracked walls and out the broken windows that lined them. Echoes rounded the building for a few short lived seconds. Some dark brunette locks were shifted out of place, ruffling the braid that was made before hand. A few strands fell beside the curve of her face as her laugh died down. While wiping away droplets tears that formed in the corner of her eyes, Rema tucked the hairs behind her ears. Smoothing out her now dusty Captain’s jacket, the Mariachi finished with a few chuckles before starting off through the Company Offices.

Awkward and uncertain silence was wavering between the two Personalities. ‘What th’ hell was that? Did she just have an effin’ spaz attack!’ Siete started, surprised by her own Mistress’s sudden change of attitude.

‘I have absolutely no idea. She just crashed through two windows, stood up, and started bursting in a fit of laughter as if it was all a humorous stunt!’ Replied Dicie. Neither liking the feeling of being uncertain, especially when the cause was Rema herself.

A frustrated sigh was made. ‘If we’re surprised at Miss’s bi-polar switches, then I really don’t know why I’m even here.’ Growled Siete, hating nothing more than questioning her own existence and purpose.

‘You do realize this is your fault.’ Dicie pointed out.

‘WHAT? Don’t go blamin’ me, boy!’ Retorted the other.

‘Well, you are the one that made Mistress quicken her pace. If you had just obeyed a simple order-’ His chastising was quickly cut off by a number of cusses and insults.

‘You said yerself that Miss was slow an’ would get lost! I just nudged her in the right direction in a speed faster than she was goin’! Besides, she didn’t have to go an’ jump through stupid windows to disapprove of it! She could’ve just told me to stop, not go actin’ all crazy…Well, crazier than she already is.'

Diciembre kept quiet, finding that arguing with his sibling would get him nowhere. So, deciding to ignore the other’s ranting and raving, his gaze went back to watching Rema. She was no longer laughing like a maniac, exclude the Cheshire-cat grin still in place, but was now strolling through a different section of the Steel Mill. If he wasn’t mistaken, there was a little extra bounce in her step as she made her way down the hallway towards two opened doors. When Rema was in the doorway, all three of them saw someone already occupying the room. Taking a quick glance at the rusting metal plate beside the doorway, Dicie saw it was the Reception Room.

There was a pale man fidgeting with what seemed like a pocket watch, sitting on a broken piece of marble. If memory serves he was Captain of 12th Division, the one who gave the announcement. Rema, as well as himself and Siete, had seen him around the Seireitei every once in awhile. They never really took any notice except a nod or wave. It was said he had a distant polite manner to him as well as an orderly feel, though that was only when gossip was heard. Rema took a few steps inside, hands inside the pockets her Captain’s robe.

With the newly flamed excited, if not a tad insane, smile still plastered on her features, Rema spoke out first. “Hola, Captain Shuichiro, my amigo.”

-------------------
[PM]
[QUOTE]
MastrJ
Posted: 2008-07-30, 10:24 AM

Lost.

Outside the headquarters of the Gotei 13, the newly 13th Captain of the Gotei 13, staggered all over the road. Swaying to the left, and then to the right, appearing clueless and happy at the same time. He had apparently been drinking the night before since the smell of alcohol reeked around him. The messy black hair, his clothes were not pressed neatly, his zanpaktou was not secured properly, and the way he was talking randomly, clearly stated he wasn’t ready. Apparently, he also missed the morning briefing with the other captains of the Gotei, but in his condition, it seemed like it wouldn’t sink in anyway.

Slowly, he finally made his way to the gates, where the guards outside the gate quickly rushed to his aid. MastrJ swung right and left at them, saying, “Come on, who wants some of this, eh?” The guards were getting knocked down all over the place as the guards tried to get him inside.

“He’s drunk,” said a 1st Division shinigami.

“Why was he drinking the night before the war?” said a 8th division shinigami.

“Because I felt like it…” Both shinigami nervously turned their heads. MastrJ was looking directly at them with a cold stare. Both shinigami were strucked with fear and turned pale. “…and it was awesome” MastrJ said with a big smile on his face and then fell down and started to snore. Both shinigami members and the ones around them just stared at the estranged Captain.

“I can’t see why he’s a captain…” a soldier whispered.

“It’s because I can beat you guys up to a pulp…” whispered MastrJ back. The soldiers around him were puzzled and took a couple of steps back. The Captain of the 13th Division mumbled, “Just go and… leave me alone to sleep for an hour or so.”

“But sir-,” a second soldier was about to say, but heard him snoring away.

“Maybe we should tell the Sotaichou that he’s here…”

“Good idea…”

The crowd around MastrJ dispersed and went on with their duties. One soldier paused and asked his partner, “Isn’t the 13th Division the non-combatant squad?” They just stared at the Captain sleeping in the middle of hall.

-------------------
♫
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Kumokosi-Kun
Posted: 2008-07-30, 06:57 PM

The Lone Wolf

DarkOffline

In response, Kev gave a calm, easy look upon his face as he listened to Nova’s words. He already began to think and form a plan in his mind as he was talking. “So this is going to be a lot harder than I thought” he said to himself as Nova finished explaining. “Um, no, I understand” he said as he stood up with a more focused look on his face. He gave a quick glance towards Nova’s companion, getting a good look at him, and quickly turning away as he brushed off his shoulders once again.

He looked towards the base as he rubbed his chin. “I wonder how many people we have left for defense over there at our base?” he asked himself as he looked at Nova, then he began to walk away. “Well then, I’m off” Kev said as he jumped upwards in the direction of the steel mill. “If anything comes up I’ll be sure to keep in touch!” he shouted out as he now began to pick up speed quickly leaving the scene.

‘”Now, how will I do this?” he began to say to himself as he still continued the original route. “It depends on how much people we have at hand, I can form teams for offensive, and defensive.” He began to explain to himself, as if he was going over his plan ahead of time. “I’d have to wait till I get the word from Nova, so I have plenty of time to sort it all out when I get there. We’ll see if anyone from the other divisions care to help, yeah, that would make me feel a whole lot better” he said laughing to himself as he was now mere feet away from the mill.

Kev calmly landed near the western side of the facility, where it looked more run-down than anything in the area. He walked up to a rusty covered up wall as he looked around it. “It’s a good thing I know my way around here” Kev said as he knocked on the parts of the wall until he heard a hollow sound. “Thank you snooping around!” he said to himself with a slight chuckle as he grabbed a part of the wall and in reaction it quickly threw itself open as it revealed a long dark hallway. Kev quickly ran down the hallway closing the path behind him as there was light above him. “And the exit is about here” he said as he crouched down as saw a small hole where he began to crawl through as he was now inside the Stell Mill.

He perched up and turned around to see he crawled through what looked like a large crack in the wall, although the thought of how he was able to fit didn’t seem to come to mind at the moment. He looked around to see many low class shinigami attending to mild jobs running around and making much noise through the shouting and conversations. “Looks like all the higher ups are busy” he said to himself a he began to draw in a lot of air. “ANYONE WHO WANTS SOME BLOOD INVOLVED COME WITH ME!” he shouted out as many looked at him, some dropped their things and ran towards him and others continued their work. About 6 men were now by his side as he looked around.

“Alright, good start” he said as he began to walk to the upper areas as they began to follow him. “Um” one began to say as Kev quickly interrupted him, placing his hand up. “I’ll explain soon, we need someone from the higher divisions with us though, it would help”. He looked around as he now was in the main common area of the mill. He began to explain the situation to the 6 soldiers as he took his time, either waiting for orders from Nova, or being noticed by another Division Shinigami in the area.

This post has been edited by Kumokosi-Kun on 2008-08-21, 12:53 PM

-------------------
user posted image

[PM]
[QUOTE]
MastrJ
Posted: 2008-07-31, 08:15 AM

Lost.

MastrJ woke up from his slumber gazed around and saw a group of shinigami running around. One shinigami caught his eye as he was near a crack in the wall. It was the 3rd seat officer of the 2nd division, Kev. Kev opened his mouth and shouted in the whole room which made MastrJ put his hands over his ears. He soon obtained throbbing pain in his head and stared at Kev with a puzzled look and asked, "Why are you yelling?"

When he spoke those words, the loudmouth was already off to somewhere else. He sighed a bit and thought to himself, "Good riddance.” He stood up and brushed himself off. “I need to remind myself to place him in holding for waking up a Captain while he was sleeping.” He stopped and paused. “Damn. I forgot the law didn’t pass…” he said with a frown on his face. “Oh well, I’ll just burn up 2nd Division up again for his arrogance.”

The 13th Captain yawned and stretched. He looked at all the little busybodies running around like chickens with their heads cut off. A shinigami, belonging to the 7th division, was running with a box with “Rations” on it. She had exhaustion written all over her, but that didn’t stop MastrJ to stop her in place.

“Yes sir?” she asked.

“Gimme that box. I, uh, need to give it to your Captain in the frontlines,” he said with a chuckle.

“But sir,” she continued. “She’s over there in that office.”

“Well you’re wrong,” he then stuttered, trying to find an answer to give to her. “It’s a Gigai, you know?”

“It is?”

“Uh, yeah! That’s why you need to give it to me. Now you don’t tell anyone that’s a fake alright?”

“But---!”

“Are you disobeying an order?”

“No sir!”

“Then gimme!” He said as he extended his hands out with his fingers curling in and out. The reluctant shinigami gave him the box and he smiled. As she walked away, he quickly tried to open the box but it wouldn’t open. “Damn box…” He then remembered he was a shinigami. “And what do shinigamis have?” he questioned himself. “A sword!”

He grabbed his zanpaktou and pointed it at the box. “Shoot to kill, Shinso!” as soon as the spoke those words, his zanpaktou extended into the box… and then through the wall making a big hole in the wall. The soldiers around him stared at him with fear and puzzlement. He gave a nervous laugh and said, “My bad…” He slowly grabbed the box and sheepishly walked out of the hall into a small office and closed the door behind him.

-------------------
♫
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Ivan
Posted: 2008-08-02, 04:32 PM

Viva La Zero!

DarkOffline

The Captain sat silently, watching the hands tick away. The second hand rolled down and up smoothly before striking the crescendo and dipping back downwards. The minute hand snapped to the three and stuck fast, watching silently as its compatriot the second hand moved down to the six. Captain Shuichiro watched the hands silently, his fingertips absent mindedly brushing along the lattice work back, tracing an unseen pattern in the mesh of thick wires.

Everything was so calm and serene. The Taichou could feel the steady beat of the mechanism through his palm, the heartbeat of progress as it marched steadily onwa-

“Hola, Captain Shuichiro, my amigo.”

The Captain pulled his gaze away from the clock face and upwards to the human one. His face was expressionless and drawn as he looked up towards the visitor. The watch was still held securely in his hand, held up to eye level. Yet as recognition dawned his somber expression began to crack. The tall man pushed himself up from where he had been lounging upon the cool wall and sat up straight. His face cracked, a thin, friendly little smile forming. He gave the watch a little side-long glance before flicking it shut.

“Ah, Miss Rema. You are twenty-two minutes, forty-eight seconds and eight milliseconds early for the cut-off period. I applaud your sense of timing. It is very refreshing in this day and age.” The smile flickered for a moment, widening slightly before slipping back to its original shape.

“You are here to receive your defense assignments, correct?” There was a clipboard set on the corner of the marble desk. The captain reached over and plucked it from its resting place. The steel clip was straining against a thick wad of multi-colored papers, all arranged neatly by size and color. The captain flicked through the pages silently, eyes roaming back and forth, inspecting the parade of multi-colored forms and slips.

“Ah, here we are.” He snatched an orange slip of paper out of the jaws of the steel clipboard and set the board aside. He bent down over the form, his white hair tumbling down and covering his face in shadows. From the confines of his robes he produced a jet-black fountain pen and a bottle of ink. The pen was glossy and beautiful, the tip and nip made of polished silver. He dipped the pen into the ink and, taking a moment to dab the tip gingerly against the tip of his thumb to get the ink flowing, began to write.

“You are providing a vital service for the Gotei Miss Rema.” The Captain voice never faltered as he worked. He spoke brusquely, his voice sharp and clear. He never mumbled or slurred, and pronounced each word with relish. “For with a steady defense we may have a strong offence.” He reached out and dipped the tip of the pen into a little glass beaker before pulling it back. He flicked his wrist back and forth, sending droplets of ink splattering against the dusty marble desk before lowering his hand and continuing to write.

“Here you are Miss Rema.” He added a last few words to the margins of the page before handing it across the desk and towards the waiting Captain. The orange page was covered in neat, even cursive. There was a tiny map of the compound upon the form, detailed and precise, with elegant lines and circles drawn across it detailing her routes and areas of control. Written in the margins were a few suggestions for safety and comfort.

“You will be in control of the defense the Forge and abutting Processing Facilities. All of the Shinigami within are, regardless of division, under your jurisdiction. The Forge and Processing Plant have numerous machinery and devices. It is highly recommended that you keep a close eye on the extensive network of pipes and catwalks which criss-cross the facilities, as they lead directly outside of the buildings and may be used by some to enter the area secretly.” He produced a handkerchief from the confines of his robes and proceeded to clean and wipe off the pen and ink pot. He folded everything neatly in the silk square and deposited it back into his robes.

“The twelfth division is currently using the Company Offices here to distribute items and equipment. We are also converting the basement of the offices into private infirmaries. If you are in need of medical assistance or supplies, you can come here and they will be provided for you post-haste.” The Captain smiled, inter-locking his delicate fingers together and laying them neatly upon the marble desk.

“If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to find me. I am here to ensure the defense of this Head Quarters and all who remain within.” There was a crash from up above. A fine misting of dust wafted down, falling into the Captain’s hair. He didn’t even flinch, simply kept his hands folded and eyes locked on the visitor.

Something rumbled from out of a hole in the ceiling and crashed into a pile of chairs, crushing them in a rain of splinters. The creature was engulfed in dust, hiding its features. There was an inhuman growl from within the cloud of dust, and the gristly sound of teeth crushing bone.

“Aenka,” The Captain’s gaze didn’t waver from his compatriot. “Please do not intrude where you are not welcome.”

The beast stiffened visibly, the sound of chewing cut short.

“Yes Captain.” The voice was thin and dry, like an elderly man wracked with disease. There was a single loud crunch and a content gurgling noise, like a diseased purr.

The dust cloud finally faded. What was left standing upon the splintered chairs was an abomination. It was the skeleton of a man, nearly nine feet tall, slender and strong. Its skull was disfigured, its jaw line elongated to that of an apes. Giant tusks, like that of a boar’s, curled up from rows of teeth, filed till they reached points. Its eye sockets were empty and dark, save for two pinpricks of crimson light. It had no organs within its skeletal chest, save for a bloody sack and twist of tubing which served as its digestive tract. The skeleton’s heart was gone, replaced by a black gear roughly the size of a man’s open hand. It was spinning like crazy, twisting and dragging lines of black chains. The black chains ranged out from its chest and through its body, looping around bones and linking to tendons.

It was eating a decaying human foot, its clawed fingers slowly pushing the piece of meat between its razor sharp teeth, which were mashing the meat and bone to a pulp. Its digestive tract was wobbling and gurgling contently, expanding and retracting as it devoured. The creature’s ruby-red eyes were fixed solely upon the female Captain.

It popped the last big toe into its mouth and ground it down. A tongue, covered in welts and boils, snaked out and licked its rows of razor-sharp teeth clean.

“Hello Ma’am.” It hissed. The creature swept down and gave an intricate bow, swinging its long arms out elegantly.

“Pay the Gashi no mind Miss Rema. She is simply something that I have brought along, a piece of equipment, nothing more.” He smiled brightly. He had never looked at the creature as it finished its grisly meal, simply at the woman. The scientist had simply acted as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

“Do you have any questions Miss Rema?”

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Kisuke Anuzuna
Posted: 2008-08-02, 08:47 PM

If only you could show me....your.... heart....

DarkOffline

Kisuke's jaw dropped when he realized he had fallen asleep for a week. He stood up within seconds with his sword raised. "Damn, Taichou is going to kill me" shouted kisuke. he ran himself fast but it wasn't fast enough. Kisuke sensed his captains reiatsu and realized the battle had already began. Instead of pursuing his captain he decided to stay at the base. He grabbed the hilt of his sword and stepped forward, leaning against it. "So how much reiatsu does a guy have to leak to get a fight around here..." Muttered kisuke as he closed his eyes. He began to move inside the building with his head up and his beautiful blue hair following. As he walked he could feel the battles that had started. "Try coming after me with the intent to kill, rather then worrying that you might die, if you don't, then you'll die with no honor." he shouted out to the sky, as if waiting for a reply.

The halls as wide and long as they were took kisuke by surprise, he moved away as he coughed up blood, and laughed. " I must be some kind of happy today", he smiled. Kisuke lowered his head, his blue bangs shadowed his eyes. He had been waiting for his time and it seemed like it had come. For too long he had been fuku-taichou with nothing to contribute. Now that it had come to this he was ready. After all, this was his divisions specialty.

As Kisuke waited the stench of rotting corpses had kept his face scrunched and also reminded him of past endeavors. The ground shook beneath him creating dust clouds that surrounded everything. Moments later, he stood still in wait for the appearance of a fighter he so graciously prayed for. For now this could be it. Either his last day or the triumph of a man.....

-------------------
user posted image

[PM]
[QUOTE]
rema
Posted: 2008-08-06, 04:06 PM

RisaOffline

Her wicked grin had settled down into a solemn expression as she listened. Rema nodded every so often when it was appropriate, chocolate peepers watching the colorfully sorted papers. This mild childish distraction was then cut off by the orange slip of paper that was placed in front of her on the table. Taking a few steps, Rema leaned slightly forward to see what was on it. Her gaze scooted along to read the cursive that would help her begin. The map of their base as well as the routes would definitely help, though she couldn‘t quite say the same for the safety tips. With the skimming done she plucked the orange sheet up, folded it twice into an uneven square, and slipped it into the back pocket of her jeans. She didn’t trust her Captain’s jacket to survive this war.

The words of watching over the pipes and catwalks was something she’d have to deal with first. Diciembre would probably be the one to watch over for her if an invader approached. She would make rounds according to the routes on her new map, but it wouldn’t hurt having an extra sense securing the areas she didn’t get to. On the train thought of senses, Rema couldn’t help but shift uneasily as hers set off alarms. She was sure Siete and Dicie were the ones to pull them, but even without the two the shinigami felt it. A vibration, that seeped along throughout the couple feet area, was of an aura that she could not yet identify. Her ears perked up to listen over the information of supplies given by Captain Shuichiro. The only outer appearance change that remotely hinted towards her paranoia was the shifting color transfusion of brown to flaxen in her irises that couldn‘t stay still.

The crash from above and the dust the fell made her hand twitch. It was a rather unexpected entrance, not to mention dirty and noisy. The being wasn’t an enemy because if it was surely the other Captain would’ve moved into attack, but he didn’t. The white haired male simply sat still, not even glancing upwards. The next thing she knew, Rema was staring at a cloud of dust that soon revealed the creature giving off the odd vibrations. Its form was even more odd and morbid.

Yellow and red were pitted against each other in a stare. The one standing upon broken chairs made a move in the form of a bow as well as finishing the task of eating what appeared to be a foot.

‘…Is this what that science division does? Make thin’s like that?’ Siete asked, disgust and curiosity obvious in her tone.

Rema breathed a whisper back, “I have no idea.”

“Do you have any questions Miss Rema?”

Snapping back from the surprise, the female Captain blinked, irises transferring back to their darker shades, before looking back at the human form. “Umm…No.” She stopped herself from glancing back at the Gashi. “I do have a comment, though.” Clearing her throat and putting on more of a calm front, Rema addressed the issue, “I don’t really know what supplies are here, but I would appreciate it if the boxes my Division are carryin’ be left alone and closed. The drug Glowstick666 is in ‘em and it just wouldn’t do if they were misplaced or used by others or something of the sort. The boxes have the name on them, so that should help some.” She then said something more to herself than the other, “I think I also have some stashed on me.”

Gloved hands twitched automatically to her front jean pockets that held a few sticks. The drug was a guilty addiction, almost equivalent to nicotine, but they still held side effects. Despite that though, the multi-colored neon tubes helped in boosting her during battles. Not to mention the substance was needed for the usage of Dicie’s abilities. “Besides keepin’ those beauties safe, I’m good.” Rema gave her colleague a smile and nod, directing one towards the staring Gashi as well, before turning. “I’ll keep this base well protected, amigo!” She called behind her as she left through the doors.

Once her foot steps were within the hall, “Dicie, come on out.” As the brunette spoke she selected and held a tube of Glowstick666 in her hand. Its neon radiance vibrated beautifully in the color of green as its top was popped off and it was devoured like a drink. The physical aspect itself was of liquid, but more thick than water. Despite that, it slid easily down her throat, the energy already seeping its way around. Licking any traces of it on her lips, Rema tossed the empty container onto the floor.

Diciembre felt the delicious addiction ooze into him from Rema as he absorbed the full force of it. The energy filled his being like blood filled and flowed through veins, charging him with power he would use to help in his task. Like Siete, who was created and survived on his Mistress’s mind, Gurosuchikku Diciembre was created and lived off of Glowstick666. He bathed in his power source all the way through out his exit. Riding Rema’s veins in the form of vibrations, he made his way down to her moving feet and into the floor. Then, like the many ghosts that wandered the city, Dicie floated up through solid until he strolled beside Rema.

“Yes, Mistress?” His voice was smooth when it escaped into the air. Although it still held traces of his young age, the sound itself could fool anyone to believe he was really mature. Pure ebony locks of hair were held in place. The tresses were neatly combed to the side, not quite covering his gaze. Jade eyes were fixed upon the female beside him, having a neon look that could be seen in the blackest of nights. He also spouted a business suit that was of the same shade as his hair. Overall, the young gentleman that stride calmly and obediently was an appearance icon of any big corporation chap out there.

“You’re gonna scout the edge of the Steel Mill from the ground. More specifically the Forge‘s pipes and catwalks that lead outside HQ.” Rema started, having long been used to how her Personalities show themselves physically. “With all the hustle and bustle I’m sure riding the sounds will be no problem. Report to me any signs of intruders”

Nodding, Dicie began to vanish back into the floor to begin his mission.

By the time she felt him zipping away Rema was at the broken window that she entered through. “So, shall we make our rounds?” She playfully asked out loud as she stepped one foot onto the window sill.

‘How else will we get any fun?’ The rhetorical question was her answer before the Captain jumped to the outside with a smirk playing on her face.

-------------------
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Spyder Pyresphere
Posted: 2008-08-07, 12:04 AM

Return of Gotei

DarkOffline

A black dot flew in from a distance, looking like nothing more than a speck for about a minute or so. As the object got closer and closer, it took more of a shapely form, until it grew to encompass a man in black armor standing aboard a flying sword. Though his helmet made him hard to identify, those who had been near Spyder while he was on all cylinders knew of his energy signature.

And that was the entire point.

Within moments, Spyder's blade had sunk into the ground, then disappeared in a flash of light, leaving the Shonshi standing outside the main gate. Spyder mumbled under his breath into the headset on his ear, relaying his location to the rest of Seikazoku before making his move.

"Spyder Pyresphere here. I'm right outside the Atlas Steel Mill, and I'm sensing a lot of energy coming from here. Though I don't know what to expect inside, I'll try to keep this as covert as possible. Spyder out."

Unfortunately, Spyder forgot to disengage his headset before reengaging his big mouth. Quickly following his report to the rest of Seikazoku, the cover of his helmet folded back and ejected a scream so loud, it could have deafened a giant.

"HEY! WHOEVER THE HELL IS IN THERE, COME ON OUT! I'VE BEEN BORED AS HELL SINCE I GOT HERE, I'm OUT OF MOUNTAIN DEW, I'VE GOT A GIANT SWORD, AND I'm READY TO KICK SOME BUTT!"

He waited only a few seconds before adding.

"AND IF YOU GOT CAKE IN THERE, BRING SOME OF THAT TOO. AND MORE DEW!"

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Rem-chan
Posted: 2008-08-07, 09:17 PM

o_o

DarkOffline

"Lot's of demands you got there, boss man," a voice hissed from behind Pyresphere, followed by an intoxicated cackle. "You're asking a bit much from a bunch of dead men."

The voice was attached to a body, one of which many were familiar with but few enjoyed the company of. It was the illustrious Rem, or as some called her "that lady with the nasty mouth and the sharp sword," and on her person she wielded both said mouth and sword. The sword hung from the hip of her jean shorts like a hammer from a carpenters belt. The tip of it reached just past her knee, rubbing against the rainbow colored, knit fabric of her socks. Dust from her journey covered the white rubber on the tip of her black sneakers. Her arms were crossed against her chest, hugging herself as if she were cold, obscuring the image of a crow on her sunflower yellow t-shirt. Her lips were cocked into a crooked smile, showing all the teeth on one side.

She stood a bit lopsided, as if she were injured, but if one looked closely they could see the real reason. It was all in her eyes. They were glazed over to a point of looking almost fake, like glass. The pupils were dilated fully so that her iris appeared almost fully black. Around the thick black ball in the center of her eye, was a thin gray ring that glittered like tinsel on a christmas tree in the light.

Drugs, heavy ones at that. The ones she had most recently ingested were special blends, something only found in the furthest corners of the world. They were drugs so rare that only your life would be enough to pay for them. To her, drugs were about the equivalent of any other woman buying billions of dollars worth of shoes. A pointless expense, but you like them so why not? You don't live forever, so you might as well treat yourself.

She walked up next to her fearless leader and leaned on him as if he were a wall. She looked up at him with half closed eyes, flashed a smile, then redirected her gaze to the fortress that was the Gotei base.

"So, how long have you been yelling at this wall?" she asked casually. "And do they really have cake in there? Because I've got a wicked case of the munchies and i would love a piece."

She tilted her head to the side lazily so it looked like she were dozing off. She was really just looking behind her at another figure. It was another woman who had traveled there with her. She was terrifyingly tall, and twice as unpleasant as Rem was.

"Hey, Altura. You gonna keep lurking over there, or are you gonna come over here and yell at this wall with us?"

-------------------
user posted image

Gift from Tater~ <3
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Kumokosi-Kun
Posted: 2008-08-08, 09:22 AM

The Lone Wolf

DarkOffline

As Kev remained still look at the many shinigami moving around attending to their many jobs, he gave a loud sigh. He stood up and looked at his now 4 soldiers. “Well, I’m glad you guys stayed with me” he said patting one on his back as he gave a agreeing “Yes sir!”. He looked at the gate as he turned once again to his men. “Alright, well-“ he began to say as he quickly stopped in his tracks. His eyes widened as he suddenly felt a large surge or energy coming straight outside of the gate. “W-What the?” he managed to stutter to himself turning around looking in the direction of the gate. “What is this feeling” he said as he softly began to shake.

Out of all his time here in the gotei, he’d never felt such an opposing enemy reiatsu unless it was on of his higher ranked captains or shinigami. One small drop of sweat pierced itself out of his skin and slowly crawled down his face as he stood there for a moment, noticing the movement stopped. He then heard the loud voice as people stopped working as a result, all giving strong worried looks across their face.

"HEY! WHOEVER THE HELL IS IN THERE, COME ON OUT! I'VE BEEN BORED AS HELL SINCE I GOT HERE, I'm OUT OF MOUNTAIN DEW, I'VE GOT A GIANT SWORD, AND I'm READY TO KICK SOME BUTT!"
There was then a slight pause before the next set of shouting.
"AND IF YOU GOT CAKE IN THERE, BRING SOME OF THAT TOO. AND MORE DEW!"

Many shinigami dropped what they had in their hands and began to scurry around like ants, as Kev began to look around. “Alright, that’s clearly the enemy” he said to himself with a worried look on his face. “What should I do? I haven’t gotten any orders from my captain, and I never thought they’d come to us!” he said as he began to slowly think. “Alright men-” he began to say as he turned around but the newly recruited men were now running from his presence due to the enemies. “Whhhhaaaatttt?!” he said turning back around.

He walked forward a little bit as he now had a serious face. “Well, my captain’s taking way too long to report in..” he began to say as he now had a smirk on his face. “And I can show my stuff now, this is my chance!” he said as he quickly turned on his headset and he began to speak. “This is 2nd Division’s 3rd Seat. The enemy has shown itself in front of our headquarters. In response, I’m taking offensive force until I receive assistance. I also request Kisuke Anuzuna’s immediate return to headquarters as assistance. If anyone is in range of headquarters, please respond and act promptly” he said as he now cut the connection. “Alright, let’s go!” he said as he ran towards the open making a hand sign and raising his palm at the gate. “Open!” he said as the large gate began to creak open.

Kev came running out as he stopped as soon as he could see the two, with the gate slowly closing behind him. He didn’t notice the second one until he was outside, which began to worry him. “So there’s two” he said quietly to himself as he now was completely serious. “Hey.” He began to say waving his hand to them casually, but with killing intent. “Sorry, we ran out of cake and dew” he added as he looked at the two constantly in the eye. “But I’ve got something to keep you guys busy until we get more” he said as he had his palm on his blade. “2nd Division’s 3rd Seat. Kev Toyushima. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” He said as his right had was out to them lifting his hand in a taunting motion. “Let’s make this quick please” he said in a rude yet calm tone.

-------------------
user posted image

[PM]
[QUOTE]
Rem-chan
Posted: 2008-08-08, 03:04 PM

o_o

DarkOffline

Rem spun around as she moved from Spyder's side. Her mouth fell into a frown. She was hoping for a captain to come out, but instead she got this little kid. More importantly, they were out of soda and cake. Just one disapointment after another.

She held back a bemused laugh as the young boy poised himself for battle. Judging by his blind ambition, he had never dealt with Spyder or herself before. He was in for a surprise. She pointed a finger at him and began to make a mocking march toward him. She closed the distance with only Without warning she put him into a headlock and began to noogie his head.

"I CLAIM THIS BOY IN THE NAME OF LORD DEW! ALL HAIL TO THE MIGHTY DEW!"

A small sparrow squeezed his way out of the sleeve of her shirt. He landed on the ground and with a flutter of his wings, transformed into a small eight year old boy. He looked up at Rem, watching her spout more nonsense. His head tilted to the side as he watched her drug induced stupor spill out onto the heads of innocent people. Litterally.

"Um... Rem?" he interrupted.

Rem seized digging her knuckles into the defenseless scalp of the shinigami and let go of him. She leaned over and put her face close to Tane's. "Ye~es?"

"He's the bad guy."

"I know," she said with a smile, "But you know I like to play with my food."

Tane sighed and shook his head. He chirped and turned back into his tiny bird form, flittering up onto her head and perching there. Rem stood up straight and turned to face the most likely bewildered shinigami.

With a smile, she took a few steps back and drew her sword. It was a traditional arabian saber, curved upward into an almost crescent shape. It was a dull silver, covered with dust but still sharp enough to split hairs with one swift motion. She swung it around a few times, partly showing off, partly to keep her hands from being idle.

"Right then," she said as she jabbed the sword forward and took a fencing stance. "You said you wanted this done quickly. Normally, I'd like to cut you up slow, start with the fingers and toes and move up the limbs, but since you asked so kindly I'll just slice you right up the middle. Sound good, boy-o?"

She swung the sword and moved into a ballroom dancing position, holding out her free hand to him, her sword pointed to the sky in her other. She let a lazy laugh slip through her lips.

"Shall we dance, then?"

This post has been edited by Rem-chan on 2008-08-09, 06:33 AM

-------------------
user posted image

Gift from Tater~ <3
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Banzai
Posted: 2008-08-08, 06:03 PM

Because you just can't beat that classic taste!

DarkOffline

Despite the increasingly entertaining spectacle quickly forming at the Atlas Steel Mill’s front gate, another guest was about to crash the party regardless. Roaring along down the road and mounted on a rather fearsomely industrial motorcycle, his distanced spot on the horizon was swift to close in on the party taking place in front of the Shinigami headquarters, no protective gear worn and apparently incapable of encountering distractions. His stare remained as stolid as the rest of his stiffened body, never budging, completely statue-esque. Truthfully, the only thing really moving around him was his hair being tossed about by the wind along with the jacket on his back, both wildly fluttering as his speed climbed higher and higher, having reached over 80 mph by this point. There would be no stopping him until he reached his destination; that of which soon became the only thing in his line of sight due to the mill’s massive size.

Strong as his determination might be, the Atlas Steel Mill’s thick walls and assortment of traps would probably be a bit too much for one boy and his motorcycle to overcome offhand. So it was no surprise when the body’s course suddenly veered off the road and redirected towards an old, rusted dump truck whose bed had been previously dropped. A short distance away from the Mill’s entry gate and facing it at a diagonal angle, it was parked in the perfect position to be used as a ramp, though the required calculations would have to be nothing short of impeccable, and precisely maneuvered at that.

Needless to say, the starkly white-faced boy who looked as though he belonged in a copy of this week’s Shounen Jump thought himself up to the challenge, not hesitating in any way as he speedily approached the raised hatch. A ridiculously heavy piece of machinery, it took all the strength the boy possessed to lift the motorcycle’s front wheel off the ground, and a perfectly-timed wrenching of the handlebars to induce a sudden boost of speed so it could pop a wheelie. Yet with that done, the deafening engine drove onwards with the front wheel touching the truck bed not a second later, pushing it up the ramp without hardly losing any speed. His path sent the boy and his bike rocketing up the makeshift ramp and sailing into the sky shortly afterwards, letting him sail well over the heads of Spyder, Rem, and Kev like a teenage black and white Evel Knievel.

But for all of the speed and momentum the boy had picked up, it still hadn’t been quite enough to allow his hefty vehicle safe passage over the wall; after all, this wasn’t E.T., physics still applied. Thus his trajectory’s force was drastically cut after being launched into the air because of the bike’s mass, causing him to both lose velocity and height. At his rate he’d be on a crash course into the wall’s top half if he didn’t abandon the airborne bike, and fast, which is precisely what the kid had planned according to his next actions.

The boy ditched his means of transportation by pushing off of both feet from the seat and leaping from atop the bike and upwards at the wall’s top edge, giving him just enough space between himself and the motorcycle so that he wouldn’t receive any surrounding repercussions originating from the bike’s crash. Latching onto the wall in a flawless saut de bras (a helpful move in parkour where the user hangs by their hands with their feet planted into a wall), the motorcycle more of less crashed simultaneously, but didn’t explode or show any signs of combustion; it just plowed into the wall and stayed there… well, for a second or two at least. After a brief rest, its weight brought it back down to earth, the impending collision threatening to hurt Kev should he not move out of the way. If the Shinigami did get hurt, ‘twas nothing personal; just a textbook case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

By now, however, the boy had performed a planche (another parkour move in which the user pulls their upper body over an edge as a way to gain leverage so to get over) and dropped down to the other side and on top of a Shinigami guard. After pinning him down with the force of his fall and a blow to the neck, he left the bewildered Shinigami where he lay, not even allowing a coherent word to escape his lips before encountering unconsciousness.

Surprisingly, there weren’t too many guards patrolling the courtyard at this point in time, making it easy work for the young man to rush around and deliver the same fate unto these poor saps that he’d just bestowed upon the unlucky guard a few moments ago. Some couldn’t even draw their zanpakutou in time to defend themselves before he dished out knockouts left and right, punching or kicking stomachs, necks, and heads all with quick timing and no wasted movement. Fluid movement coupled with stunningly powerful strikes made the kid a formidable opponent, and since the element of surprise was on his side, it left every nearby sentinel out of commission for the present.

Reaching into his jacket with both hands on their opposite sides, the boy produced four small gunmetal-black balls, each no larger than his palm, and simultaneously threw them at the gate close at hand. Every ball reacted at the same time, four legs sprouting out of the sides and giving them a spider-like appearance as they latched onto the wall’s hard surface. They skittered up then settled down, one apiece sitting on four similar targets: the gate’s hinges. Once a few seconds had passed, they exploded two at a time, the bottommost first, and the topmost quickly afterwards. Because the top hinges were detonated upon afterwards, the force sent the gate slowly falling down, stained steal groaning and concrete crumbling, only presenting more danger for the party outside.

For all the fast-paced work and execution, the deed had been efficiently done, and his first objective, accomplished. Blasting down the doors of the Atlas Steel Mill and inviting everyone in was just part one of his mission, however. Now was the time to further his infiltration into the Gotei 13’s headquarters and cripple their base of operations with one more easily said than done action:

Removing its head.

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Rem-chan
Posted: 2008-08-09, 09:08 AM

o_o

DarkOffline

There was a roar in the distance, the sounds of a engine burning gas. The smell of said action hit her soon afterward. She turned around, as if Kev wasn't even there to begin with, and redirected her attention. In the hazy distance, lingering on the afternoon's horizon, there was the faint form of a vehicle rushing towards them at full speed. She squinted a little, trying to focus her eyes on the approaching object. It grew and grew till it was distinguishable.

It was another guest to the Gotei base riding upon a mechanical stallion. Rem reached into her back pocket and pulled out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. It was crushed and covered in what looked like burn marks, but there was still something left in it. She pulled out one of her last two cigarettes. It was slightly bent in the middle. Flakes of tobacco fell from the tip, flittering down like snow flakes. She figured she'd get comfy, she might be there a while.

The lighter clicked a few times, each time the man on the motorcycle getting closer. The flame finally shot out of the hole provided for it, grazing the end of the cigarette and beginning the ash. She pulled it out of her mouth and just as she let out her first huff of smoke, the man on the motorcycle flew over them like a bird taking flight.

Rem's eyes followed him across the sky as he blocked out the sun, silhouetting himself against the stark blue sky. A cliche, but one that had a certain timeless finesse to it. It was like watching an action film, minus the Bruce Willis appearance. She had no words for the flying man, even as he dismounted his shining, steel steed and let it plummet to it's end.

She took a few steps back to avoid the arterial spray of the Shinigami if he so happened to not move, and to avoid the possibility of getting pummeled by shattering parts.

"I'd move, honey-love," she said to the shinigami, not looking away from the new player in their game.

It didn't matter to her one way or another if Kev was crushed by the fall bike. It would be a shame, but she wouldn't spend time to mourn his misfortune.

The flying man disappeared behind the edge of the wall. And for a few moments, there was silence. Her eyes searched the wall, trying to see where he might have disappeared to. It was obvious he wasn't a shinigami, nor was he from their side of the lake (unless a bunch of new people popped up in the month that she was gone, which was plausible but not predictable).

No, this guy couldn't be from their side. It was obvious. It didn't look like he was trying to help. He was trying to show them up. Rem took another long drag from her cigarette, the crackling of burning tobacco echoing through her mouth, to her ears. It was a symphony of delicious addiction, one she appreciated each time she indulged. For a moment she was lost to reality, engulfed by the pleasure of her cancerous habit, but she was brought back relatively quickly.

There was a loud explosion followed by another, and then the door came down. the door was large enough that it would crushed her where she stood, and since motorcycle man was kind enough to flaunt his goods, she figured why not do the same?

She dragged the tip of her sword against the dirt, let a puff of smoke escape her lips. In an instant a wave of dirt and stone blasted up in front of her like a tidal wave. It pushed against the door, sending it veering off to the side, With a loud clang the door, dirt, and stone collided with the rest of the ground in a heap. With an extravagant flair, she sheathed her sword and ran a hand through her hair.

"Hey," she called out to the man who caused the explosion. "Watch where your blowing crap up!"

She looked over to Spyder and motioned towards her dirt covered shoes. "Bugger almost got my shoes dirty..."

It was hard to tell if it was the drugs talking sometimes, or if she was really just mad. She didn't pass a glance at the shinigami that she was so prepared to fight a moment before as she began to walk towards the open door.

"Sorry Kev, but it looks like a guest opened up the door for us so we'll just be letting ourselves in."

-------------------
user posted image

Gift from Tater~ <3
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Kumokosi-Kun
Posted: 2008-08-09, 05:28 PM

The Lone Wolf

DarkOffline

Kev gave a surprised look at all the reactions and sudden changes to the situation in a matter of minutes .”What?!” he said to himself as he noticed the approaching new comer and vehicle. Kev bit his lip as he jumped in the air with a large, yet sharp reaction as he came soaring into the sky. He threw his feet out as his feet placed gently across the wall of the steel mill as he began to slide upwards continuing to keep an eye on his enemy. “Who are all these people?” he said to himself as he began to stop moving and the outcome was about to be shown.

He managed to hear her words as he gave a shocked look.
"Sorry Kev, but it looks like a guest opened up the door for us so we'll just be letting ourselves in."
Kev gave a sucking noise as he placed his right foot forward and he jumped off the wall into the air. “Sorry, but you won’t be getting in that easy!” Kev said to her in an angered tone as he was now coming down straight towards her. He started to move his palms together as he began to chant a kido as his palms began to form a small flame.

“O Lord, Mask of flesh and bone, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man, Truth and temperance, Upon this sinless wall of dreams unleash but slightly the wrath of your claws” he continued to say as the fireball was now ready to be launched. He began to approach her closer and closer as he shouted out his command. “Hado #33, Sōkatsui!” he called out as a large blue fireball came soaring down at the two enemies below him.

He then landed a few feet away the front entrance as he kneeled down on one knee with his right hand pointed out at them. “Next!” he called out as he aimed his palm towards them once again. “Hado #54, Haien!” he said as a large flame came soaring from around him launching itself towards the ground where they stood. Kev quickly stood up as began to sweat. “Two consecutive kidos in a row was a lot more exhausting than I thought” he said to himself as he slowly stumbled before he could stand back up. “He gave a worried look looking at the gate knocked down as he gave it a quick glance. “I need to keep them busy till more reinforcements get here” he thought to himself turning back to the problem ahead of him.

-------------------
user posted image

[PM]
[QUOTE]
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

[Reply] [New Topic]