Keiichi Anime Forever Forum - anime news, chat, discussion, and more for anime otakus

Join the KAF Discord server. Relive those memories you pushed deep down.
Pages: 2 12   ( Go to first unread post ) [Reply] [New Topic] [New Poll]

> dan's new gallery (Imaginary Friend 31/1)
danbah
Posted: 2006-12-30, 03:05 AM

I am logic!

Group: CWC Section Moderators

DarkOffline

must be months now since I last updated. So I thought it time to create a new topic.
To be honest, I haven't drawn much at all - only a few pics, which I will slowly get uploaded here.

So to get things started, here's a pic I drew at 2am this morning. I was watching a music video show (not something I normally do, but some are pretty cool) and one particular shot got my mind going. I forget the song and artist, but one of the group members (or an actress) was standing still in front of a mirror. Suddenly pulling the mic to their mouth and letting out a scream, a wind from behind blew forward. It conjured up a pretty powerful in my mind. So with a quick snap with my webcam with myself as the model, this is the pose I came up with.
I want to CG it sometime, but not sure how yet.
Well, enjoy.

user posted image

More pics to come soon. I seem to be really inspired by music lately, as a few other pics I created based on the title of a Pillows song.

-------------------
user posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Heroine of Time
Posted: 2006-12-30, 06:11 AM

I think we have an emergency.

Group: Local Resident

RisaOffline

Looks awesome, dan.
[PM]
[QUOTE]
CypressDahlia
Posted: 2006-12-30, 07:09 AM

Your Biomechanical Hero

DarkOffline

Hahaha. Good to see you back.

It reminds me of Andrew WK. xD

"PARTY, PARTY, PARTY!"

-------------------
user posted image
"...they can't swallow; the truth because it hurts; this is how I put it down; this is my Earth, my turf; the worth of my birth is a billion..."
- Imani, the Pharcyde - 'Drop'
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Kan
Posted: 2006-12-30, 09:04 AM

涼宮・ハルヒ

RisaOffline

xD That's awesome, Dan.

For some reason, I love the shoes the most. o.o But the entire structure of the figure is amazing.

-------------------
user posted image

I came from underground -- thanks for the sig, Luis!
[PM]
[QUOTE]
studdevil
Posted: 2007-01-01, 05:22 AM

Aaaaye!

DarkOffline

Wow.. I'd like to see it finished becuase it looks cool. You have all the proportions right, but I guess I wouldn't expect any less than that from you. happy.gif good to see ya back.

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Kurinshin
Posted: 2007-01-01, 07:39 AM

■quis custodiet ipsos custodes■

Group: General Section Moderators

DarkOffline

Ooooh, I love the hair, hands, and left shoe! Very nice.

-------------------
user posted image
<3 Uki
Like to make graphic art? Go participate in KAF's SOTW
*Now with reduced Sodium
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Teruki
Posted: 2007-01-03, 09:23 AM

「ニャッピー」

DarkOffline

Looks wicked. The hair is so cool and the way you did the face is very well done. Nice job.

-------------------
user posted image
...'user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Sennin
Posted: 2007-01-03, 12:03 PM

Who's Sennin?

DarkOffline

I'm loving the converse, very nice touch. Something about the shoulder/sleeve of the arm on the left looks a little weird to me, but its probably just me.
Looking forward to seeing it CG'd though, nice work.

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
danbah
Posted: 2007-01-04, 02:05 AM

I am logic!

DarkOffline

mm, will try to fix that up when I get 'round to CGing it. There's supposed to be a strong wind coming from behind - so I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the comments everyone! More art should be uploaded pretty soon.

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Kenpachi Zaraki
Posted: 2007-01-08, 04:47 PM

Demon of the Night

kewl picture Dan. I can't wait to see more pics from you. neko.gif happy.gif

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Misaki_Ryou_Rox
Posted: 2007-02-12, 07:43 AM

New Otaku

Very nice! Claps for you, I wish i could draw that good, but that requires practice... A lot of it! If you think of the music video, let me know the name of it. It sounds interesting.

-------------------
Just go die already...
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
sitryor
Posted: 2007-02-16, 06:21 PM

Wannabe Otaku

DarkOffline

That is way better then me. I am so far from doing stuff like that. It looks like a rough sketch due to the excessive stray-lines, but still better then me. I love the pose it looks funny
[PM]
[QUOTE]
pepsi-twist
Posted: 2007-03-02, 06:55 PM

RisaOffline

...and drawing way better pictures than me. Insert Pep's pout-age here. It's really good, I'd ask you to colour it, but I won't expect it (not an insult but from a me perspective, I hate colouring my work) xD. It so would've been cooler if that was Billy Idol, but that's just a Peps thinking Billy Idol is cool moment. wink.gif

-------------------
user posted image
Audio Avatar = Pajama Party - Super Junior Happy
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Sorano
Posted: 2007-03-02, 10:50 PM

This song sings itself

Group: Super Moderator

RisaOffline

I love it, danbah! You're perspective on stuff is great! However, It may just be late-night madness, but his right thigh looks a bit long. I don't know, though.

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Animator
Posted: 2007-03-05, 06:30 AM

Expert Otaku

DarkOffline

Quoted(ref) Sorano (on 2 March, 2007, 10:50 PM PST)

I love it, danbah! You're perspective on stuff is great! However, It may just be late-night madness, but his right thigh looks a bit long. I don't know, though.
I think that's because the left leg has a weird perspective from the viewpoint, and it makes the right look longer then it actually is, but yeah it looks a bit strange... I posted for the first time in like half a year ohmy.gif

[PM]
[QUOTE]
danbah
Posted: 2007-03-06, 12:32 AM

I am logic!

DarkOffline

Quoted(ref) Sorano (on 2 March, 2007, 10:50 PM PST)

hmm, maybe it is. Problem is, I deleted the photo reference I took of myself (yeah, I did that pose tongue.gif) That could mean that maybe my legs are off....

I'm halfway through CGing it now, so I can't really fix it. Well, I could, but it would be too much work.

Thanks all! Will try to get it completed and uploaded sometime soon. First, I need to chat with Kan since my demo of mangastudio expired, so I can't export it into anything else to continue working on it.

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Kan
Posted: 2007-03-08, 11:08 AM

涼宮・ハルヒ

RisaOffline

Thanks all! Will try to get it completed and uploaded sometime soon. First, I need to chat with Kan since my demo of mangastudio expired, so I can't export it into anything else to continue working on it.

o.o Yesh!

-salutes-

I'll try to catch you on MSN on your Saturday night, my Friday morning.

And I do remember that you wanted me to convert something. I'll be glad to. =D

hmm, maybe it is. Problem is, I deleted the photo reference I took of myself (yeah, I did that pose tongue.gif) That could mean that maybe my legs are off....

Off proportion= more interesting & more artistic.

-------------------
user posted image

I came from underground -- thanks for the sig, Luis!
[PM]
[QUOTE]
danbah
Posted: 2007-03-26, 03:38 AM

I am logic!

DarkOffline

OK, back again with more art. Unfortunately, I don't get time anymore to draw as much as I used to, and I rarely feel like drawing these days, even though I still enjoy it.

Anyway, a couple of new pics for you all. This is a character I've created based on a Pillows song, Lofi Boy Fighter Girl. For the moment, he'll just be called Lofi Boy.

I deliberately threw facial proportions out the window to really stylise his face the way I wanted. He's supposed to have a really 'relaxed' look, as if nothing in the world bothers him - much like me, minus the look tongue.gif

I really like the style of this, but his profile is very tough to capture since the proportions and eyes are so wacky. I need to bring the forehead out further to balance things out. I've got a few other sketches of this guy, which I might add another day. These were both drawn on A3.

user posted image

user posted image

oh, one more thing. You might notice a resemblance to the character currently in the KAF banner (my entry for the Anniversary contest wink.gif) which I will also post below for future reference. He's basically the same, but without his headphones, and a slightly more lively smile.

user posted image

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
Kurinshin
Posted: 2007-03-26, 03:41 AM

■quis custodiet ipsos custodes■

Group: General Section Moderators

DarkOffline

Very nice profiling dan! In your first however, the shoulders aren't wide enough for the head... And something about the eyes bothers me in the second picture. But as always, great work! smile.gif

-------------------
user posted image
<3 Uki
Like to make graphic art? Go participate in KAF's SOTW
*Now with reduced Sodium
[PM]
[QUOTE]
danbah
Posted: 2007-03-26, 03:46 AM

I am logic!

DarkOffline

yeah, things like that only become apparent when viewing it like this. In other art, his shoulders are quite narrow. I estimate him to be around 12 or 13. They eyes are freakin hard on the profile, as I can't really use anything as a reference. The outline of the eyes front-on has changed several times since the first sketches, and this is a more detailed version. I'll have to develop him a lot more still.

And that was a FAAAST post you did. I changed the topic title, and noticed you'd posted. Thanks for the comments!

-------------------
user posted image
[PM]
[QUOTE]
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: 2 12 
[Reply] [New Topic] [New Poll]